• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Idiots who get themselves into massive debt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idiots who get themselves into massive debt

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7622722.stm

A lot of debt was put off the books using PFI.

Her Majesty should (as the Head of State and the Armed Forces) order immediate arrest for treason of all Labour MPs and send them to Australia, or something like this.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Her Majesty should (as the Head of State and the Armed Forces) order immediate arrest for treason of all Labour MPs and send them to Australia, or something like this.
      Sh could always "invest" part of her £5billion into helping the pesants survive
      Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Australia doesn't want our crooks any more.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          We get theirs on working holiday visas. Check almost any IT Dept.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Make a deal with any country that wishes to enrage in this mutually beneficial agreement: for every Labour MP crook accepted by said country for lifetime imprisonment (compliance with human rights is optional) will get X UK passports issued randomly or to whoever is nominated by their officials. I am pretty sure there will be enough takers to deal with 2000-3000 large UK criminals - in fact, maybe any crime that warrants more than 5 years in jail would automatically mean such person will have to serve them in another country (Afganistan for example). If they don't like it then don't commit crimes.

Comment

Started well there my nut munching comrade. We'll snip the rest.

A quick check of the economist back pages will show UK debt / % GDP on par with: Egypt. Pakistan.
              UK has more debt than USA did (as%). Biggest in Western World. Real chance of default especially if one were to "on-book" PFIs. In fact I recommend to my pal D.C. that they simply stop the PFI payments.
              Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                We get theirs on working holiday visas. Check almost any IT Dept.
                "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

The Tower of London to await execution.
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                    Started well there my nut munching comrade. We'll snip the rest.

A quick check of the economist back pages will show UK debt / % GDP on par with: Egypt. Pakistan.UK has more debt than USA did (as%). Biggest in Western World. Real chance of default especially if one were to "on-book" PFIs. In fact I recommend to my pal D.C. that they simply stop the PFI payments.
                    Really? I always check figures:

List of countries by public debt - some examples

% of GDP
                    Egypt 105.8
                    Canada 68.5
                    France 64.0
                    Germany 63.1
                    US 60.8
                    Pakistan 52.8
                    Switzerland 45.3
                    UK 43.0

Arguably we don't have enough!