• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bleeding copyright jobsworths....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bleeding copyright jobsworths....

Had some photos from the hols of the kids that were taken in a theme park in Portugal. Mam and Dad asked for copies (was going to scan and print them myself but the colour cartridge on the printer needs replacing) so off I went to Boots.

Scanned them and selected the one hour service - went back to collect them and got the ******* Spanish Inquisition. Told me that as they were taken in a theme park then they were copyrighted to the theme park and it would be illegal to give them to me Told them I took them myself but they didn't believe me What a bunch of twats - I'll have buy the printer cartridge now
    Blood in your poo

You could have tried the 'give me my f****ng photos you f******ng f***tard or I'll rip you a new a**hole' routine.

I find that generally works with spotty oiks in shops...
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
      Had some photos from the hols of the kids that were taken in a theme park in Portugal. Mam and Dad asked for copies (was going to scan and print them myself but the colour cartridge on the printer needs replacing) so off I went to Boots.

Scanned them and selected the one hour service - went back to collect them and got the ******* Spanish Inquisition. Told me that as they were taken in a theme park then they were copyrighted to the theme park and it would be illegal to give them to me Told them I took them myself but they didn't believe me What a bunch of twats - I'll have buy the printer cartridge now
      Get the Boots worker's name rank and serial number and ring head office.

Comment

It's also not true...
        B00med!

Comment

Scanned them and selected the one hour service - went back to collect them and got the ******* Spanish Inquisition. Told me that as they were taken in a theme park then they were copyrighted to the theme park and it would be illegal to give them to me
          Why would that be? Copyright generally rests with the creator of a work, or the sponsor/employer/buyer who has commissioned it. Arguably you might need permission to take photos on private property (though the idea can hardly come as a surprise to owners of a theme park), but after they have been taken, there is no doubt that copyright belongs to you. Permission and copyright are different things.

Typical jobsworth, quick to invent an imaginary piece of law that supposedly backs up his baseless interfering.

Comment

Went to the local chemist to get some baby oil
            'try Boots' said the spotty oik

'Fk offf, I want to slide in, not trample my way in' says I

igmc
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              Went to the local chemist to get some baby oil
              'try Boots' said the spotty oik

'Fk offf, I want to slide in, not trample my way in' says I

igmc
              New keyboard please!
              B00med!

Comment

as least they didn't call the police for the crime of taking photos of children
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Advocate View Post
                  It's also not true...
                  What's not
                  Blood in your poo

Comment

What's not
                    The copyright bovine tulip; sorry I realise my "it's not true" statement was fairly ambiguous, I am in no way claiming that your statement didn't happen.
                    B00med!

Comment

Working...
                    X