• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sky HD

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sky HD

Got it yesterday. I think it rocks but that could be the novelty factor.

Anyone had it for a while care to comment?

Older and ...well, just older!!

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    Got it yesterday. I think it rocks but that could be the novelty factor.

Anyone had it for a while care to comment?

My 2yr old gave me Sky HD for christmas along with a very nice telly. I have now reached the snob stage of, if it's not shown on HD then I can't be bothered to watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      My 2yr old gave me Sky HD for christmas along with a very nice telly. I have now reached the snob stage of, if it's not shown on HD then I can't be bothered to watch it.
      WHS... but content is limited & showing stuff shot in SD on a HD channel really defeats the purpose IMHO
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Had it for a year now and it still rocks, though I still find it strange that the volume is lower than any of the normal channels.

It seems that more and more programmes are being broadcast in HD as well so definitely worth the investment.. Happy viewing
        Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

It's deffo the dog's dangly bits. Also tend to watch stuff on HD channels (especially Nat Geographic) just for the picture.

Only downside is the amount of user space allocated on the disk. A few HD programs will soon fill this up (especially movies).
          Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

I saw one being demonstrated in an electrical showroom, picture quality looked same as on my ancient ex-Radio Rentals telly!

Comment

We've had it over a year now and I really like it. Football is great in it but I've dumped the movie channels and signed up with blockbuster for their dvd's through the post. Films take too long to get onto Sky.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
                I saw one being demonstrated in an electrical showroom, picture quality looked same as on my ancient ex-Radio Rentals telly!
                Yes, so Sky HD is crap and the quality of the HD telly it is being watched on is irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                  Yes, so Sky HD is crap and the quality of the HD telly it is being watched on is irrelevant.
                  Just adding some background colour to an otherwise dull thread. It's OK, apology unnecessary!

Comment

Had it since it came out - still love watching sport on it. Setanta picture is noticeably crap in comparison.
                    Blood in your poo

Comment

Working...
                    X