• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Am I understanding this correctly?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I understanding this correctly?

1. Banks are effectively bankrupt (through buying worthless assets and over leveraging).

2. Stock markets dive.

3. Tax payers money is stolen and given to said banks.

4. Bankers pocket millions and walk away.

5. Stock market recovers (bankers make some more money along the way).

6. Stock market recovery falters (as banks are still holding worthless junk and are overleveraged).

Goto Line 2.

Pretty Much. Ask sasguru for a fuller explanation. He is probably "running the numbers" as we speak, the sad, one-dimensional, uninspiring, numbercrunching, computer-modelling, naive, stato-geeky anorak!!
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

You missed a crucial point. Every single bank is effectively bankrupt from the start.
      Banks outgoings are always more than their deposits - it's how they make money.
      The whole edifice depends on confidence.
      If a clearing bank were to fail - then we really would have the second great depression
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Pretty Much. Ask sasguru for a fuller explanation. He is probably "running the numbers" as we speak, the sad, one-dimensional, uninspiring, numbercrunching, computer-modelling, naive, stato-geeky anorak!!
        As opposed to a being an imbecilic, idiotic cretin with a pea for a brain, eh, SB?

Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

So easy!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            You missed a crucial point. Every single bank is effectively bankrupt from the start.
            Banks outgoings are always more than their deposits - it's how they make money.
            Ahh, I see.

I want to make money out of lending money. Trouble is, I don't have any money, so I borrow money wholesale and then lend it to punters at a profit.

Then I get greedy and realise, actually, who cares if I lend to bad payers or buy worthless assets, as long as I can sell on these debts to bigger mugs.

After all, worst case, the tax payer will bail me out.

Nice work if you can get it. Of course, we mustn't question the integrity or the value of the City must we?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Nice work if you can get it. Of course, we mustn't question the integrity or the value of the City must we?

Sounds like you have been infected with AtWitis

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                Sounds like you have been infected with AtWitis
                I will sue you for that defamation!

Comment

I feel a book coming on..

Basel II and ways to avoid it, by the 'Bank'rupters
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    I feel a book coming on..

Basel II and ways to avoid it, by the 'Bank'rupters
                    Get off your high horse now....

Comment

Working...
                    X