• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed!

I just got a 1 year extension up until mid October 2009 - no rate reduction.

At the moment clientco does not seem so bad - proves just how bad the contract market in IB is. Very hard to move on - I hope it gets better next year.

A friend went to Lehmans recently - so is looking for a job. The permie side is still very hot - IBs are queuing up to interview.

Also plan B is going very very well - I am helping to build a tesco metro with flats above in a very popular part of London next to a station.
    Last edited by BrilloPad; 19 September 2008, 12:48. Reason: Ruprect - does that make more sense?

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    At the moment clientco does not seem so bad - proves just how bad the contract IB is.
    Is it me, or does this make no sense?!?
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
      Is it me, or does this make no sense?!?
      Ruprect - does that make more sense?

Could I just say in my defence I had a general anaesthetic yesterday and still feel a bit light headed. Shall I just go and have a lie down?

Comment

Ruprect - does that make more sense?

Could I just say in my defence I had a general anaesthetic yesterday and still feel a bit light headed. Shall I just go and have a lie down?
        Keep your feet raised.

Get some blood to your head
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
          Keep your feet raised.

Get some blood to your head
          Probably a good idea - I still have no appetite. yesterday morning and this morning I had fruit/coffee - yesterday afternoon sarnies (3 slices bread) with ham/pickle + a yoghurt. Still no lunch. I must drink more water too - flush out the morphine.

Comment

I still have no appetite.
            As long as you have got greed it's okay - all other feelings are optional for IB work...

Comment

I just got a 1 year extension up until mid October 2009 - no rate reduction.
              That's boomed is it?
              Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                As long as you have got greed it's okay - all other feelings are optional for IB work...
                Interestingly - most of the traders I have worked with who make loads of money care not for it atall! It is just their way of keeping the score - which is why even when they make millions they work themselves into gthe ground.

For the average trader though - I agree with you.

Personally - I have 3 kids, a massive mortgage and a greedy litigious ex to support. as long as you have enough for squirrel food you are happy!

Comment

Personally - I have 3 kids, a massive mortgage and a greedy litigious ex to support. as long as you have enough for squirrel food you are happy!
                  She could do well in IB then!

Comment

Personally - I have 3 kids, a massive mortgage and a greedy litigious ex to support.
                    Hey! Are you me?
                    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                    X