PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing this weekend?

BrilloPad
19th September 2008, 13:45
Something nice I hope.

Bob Dalek
19th September 2008, 13:48
Putting the finishing touches to my "Home Theatre" sound proofing.

moorfield
19th September 2008, 13:48
Looking forward to the new BBC series Merlin this weekend, staying in for this specially on Saturday night. After the success of Bonekickers this looks like another top notch offering from the Beeb.

Moscow Mule
19th September 2008, 13:49
Something nice I hope.

Stag do tonight. An old fashioned one, in the pub.

After recovery tomorrow I'm going to take my car to Autoglass to get a chip filled then I'm cooking dinner for some friends.

Sunday, the outlaws are coming to visit.

All I really want to do is laze about and do nothing but needs must.

Bob Dalek
19th September 2008, 13:50
Looking forward to the new BBC series Merlin this weekend, staying in for this specially on Saturday night. After the success of Bonekickers this looks like another top notch offering from the Beeb.

You are lucky. Mrs. Dalek is a Strictly Come Dancing fiend. Why do women like such poo?

BrilloPad
19th September 2008, 13:51
You are lucky. Mrs. Dalek is a Strictly Come Dancing fiend. Why do women like such poo?

Dancing 6:10 to 7:30 - then merlin 7:30 until 8:15. Whats the problem with that? :confused:

BrilloPad
19th September 2008, 13:52
Stag do tonight. An old fashioned one, in the pub.

After recovery tomorrow I'm going to take my car to Autoglass to get a chip filled then I'm cooking dinner for some friends.

Sunday, the outlaws are coming to visit.

All I really want to do is laze about and do nothing but needs must.

Tell them all there has been an ebola outbreak in your house - but they are still welcome.......

snaw
19th September 2008, 13:53
1st game of the new fitbaw season, am I'm competing with guys in their twenties as I approach 40, so SFA to give me a half chance of holding down a place this year.

I played against some cheeky fker last year who asked me half way through the game if I wasn't a bit old for this. Wiped the grin off his face as I went through him next 'agricultural' challenge I got in.

Bob Dalek
19th September 2008, 13:53
Dancing 6:10 to 7:30 - then merlin 7:30 until 8:15. Whats the problem with that? :confused:

If there was a video available showing paint dry, I'd watch it rather than SCD - it makes me weep inwardly with tedium, hatred and loathing.

Bob Dalek
19th September 2008, 13:55
Mind you, Mrs. D was a good sport about my insisting that we watch The World at War box set every Sunday morning for 6 months, an episode at a time, plus all of the extra features, so maybe I'm getting my punishment?

cailin maith
19th September 2008, 13:56
Home tonight - watching TV - my bloody delivery hasn't turned up from HMV so won't be watching Heroes :frown

Tomorrow night - out with the girls.

Sunday - lazing, I hope :D

snaw
19th September 2008, 13:58
Tomorrow night - out with the girls.

Sunday - lazing, I hope :D

:spel Umm, not sure the appropriate word, but after a big Saturday night out with the girls - what kind of 'lazing' do you hope to be doing, exactly?

BrilloPad
19th September 2008, 14:00
If there was a video available showing paint dry, I'd watch it rather than SCD - it makes me weep inwardly with tedium, hatred and loathing.

That is why I sit with my laptop drivelling on tpd - with the occasional "yes dear, no dear" in the right places.

cailin maith
19th September 2008, 14:02
:spel Umm, not sure the appropriate word, but after a big Saturday night out with the girls - what kind of 'lazing' do you hope to be doing, exactly?

Isn't it? Well what I mean is, it will be a day in my PJ's lounging around :D

I'm already tired even thinking about tomorrow night.... I expect to have a seriously bad headache on Sunday :laugh

Sockpuppet
19th September 2008, 14:23
Out tonight for a meal with GSP if she ever gets her arse in gear and sorts it out.

Sat or Sun - Bike show in Peterborough

ace00
19th September 2008, 14:26
Mind you, Mrs. D was a good sport about my insisting that we watch The World at War box set every Sunday morning for 6 months, an episode at a time, plus all of the extra features, so maybe I'm getting my punishment?

Does that offer more depth than the UK History rolling WW2 coverage?

BrilloPad
19th September 2008, 14:29
Isn't it? Well what I mean is, it will be a day in my PJ's lounging around :D

I'm already tired even thinking about tomorrow night.... I expect to have a seriously bad headache on Sunday :laugh

:spel negligee

:tongue

BoredBloke
19th September 2008, 14:30

The Hitler channel is one of the best things on sky - if you want to encourage the kids to go out, simply put on the never ending black and white footage of the 2nd world war.

BrianSnail
19th September 2008, 14:44
Two days kitesurfing on Poole harbour :banana:

Hope the weather stays nice....

ThomasSoerensen
19th September 2008, 14:46
two days shitesurfing in Pot Noodle Harbour.

or

Plan B and family.

OwlHoot
19th September 2008, 14:58

That reminds me - I must listen to the CD I bought called "Voices from the Great War".

Was driving home one day a few months ago, and hearing an extract on Radio 4 I suddenly recognised one of the voices - My neighbour in Wimbledon back in the 60s, Lieutenant Montague (Monty) Cleeve, describing going over the top at the Battle of the Somme in 1916. So I ordered the CD on Amazon.

He was a nice old boy, thin as a whippet (which possibly explains why he survived - all he had to do was turn sideways like a playing card and the bullets would have zipped past him!).

BrianSnail
19th September 2008, 15:03
two days tulipesurfing in Pot Noodle Harbour.

or

Plan B and family.

You no like Pot Noodle Harbour?

EternalOptimist
19th September 2008, 20:44
nothing much on saturday, probably spend most of the day sitting down. (at 40,000 feet)Nothing much on sunday, probably spend a lot of time sitting down driving from Perth to Darwin. heh heh.

oops that reminds me, take an aspirin quick.dont want a dvt now, do we ?

:rolleyes:

Bob Dalek
20th September 2008, 07:12

This is it. (http://www.amazon.co.uk/World-At-War-Complete-Disc/dp/B00008WQ9Y)

Should be part of any school's curriculum. I'm 40, and, at school, was taught more about Sutton Hoo than about WW2!

Diver
20th September 2008, 07:22
This is it. (http://www.amazon.co.uk/World-At-War-Complete-Disc/dp/B00008WQ9Y)

Should be part of any school's curriculum. I'm 40, and, at school, was taught more about Sutton Hoo than about WW2!

All they ever taught me was 1066 and never look up when somebody shouts "Incoming" :D

The Lone Gunman
20th September 2008, 07:32
Oktoberfest

BrilloPad
20th September 2008, 09:28
nothing much on saturday, probably spend most of the day sitting down. (at 40,000 feet)Nothing much on sunday, probably spend a lot of time sitting down driving from Perth to Darwin. heh heh.

oops that reminds me, take an aspirin quick.dont want a dvt now, do we ?

:rolleyes:

At the moment I am recobvering from my knee operation - so I am avoiding DVT. But I need a surgical stocking :eek on the day of the op I had 2 :eek:

voodooflux
20th September 2008, 10:50
Clearing up some of the mess that the builders made
Setting up my NAS
Finishing off a website
Watching West Brom humiliate Aston Villa
Family gathering on Sunday afternoon

Gold Dalek
20th September 2008, 13:15
You are lucky. Mrs. Dalek is a Strictly Come Dancing fiend. Why do women like such poo?Would you be interested in a Mrs Dalek swap?

BrilloPad
26th September 2008, 14:09
Since there have been so many old threads resurrected this week - why not one more?

Lockhouse
26th September 2008, 14:21
Pushing off early this evening!

Home tonight after a week in The Smoke. Lunch in Winchester tomorrow at a decent restaurant. Going to see an Elvis impersonator (dragged along - don't ask!) tomorrow evening with my missus and her mate + her mate's new bf. Sunday it's the Grand Prix then down the local for a couple of pints with a roast.

Hope everyone has a good a weekend as me.

moorfield
26th September 2008, 14:52
My daughter's 4th birthday tomorrow!