• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Life & Work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life & Work

Where do you live and work? Or where do you reckon is a good bet for quality of life + contracts?

Inspired by "! London" but different.

Edit: help! can I change a typo in a Poll question? Or should I just leave it.....
    London
    20.00%
    Outside London with daily commute
    6.00%
    Elsewhere, weekly commute to London
    8.00%
    Love & work outside London
    24.00%
    Weekly commute abroad
    6.00%
    Work from home
    28.00%
    Other / don't work
    8.00%
    Last edited by expat; 22 September 2008, 07:38.

LOndon

Furthermore I would like LOndon to become a seperate country with passport control at the M25. And a large charge for getting past......

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      LOndon

Furthermore I would like LOndon to become a seperate country with passport control at the M25. And a large charge for getting past......
      There already is: Congestion charge + parking, or train fares

Comment

LOndon

How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Somehow I think at the moment the rest of the country would like to drag LOndon into the atlantic and sink it. The country would be alot better off......

Comment

LOndon

and permanently walled off from the rest of civilized society
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              and permanently walled off from the rest of civilized society
              WHS
              Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Love & work outside London
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                  Perhaps it should have been "working outside London and loving it!"
                  Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Where's the "AndyW keeps me hostage in his basement and forces me to bear his children" option?
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X