• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Opera night - tux required

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opera night - tux required

I'm going to the opera in a few weeks and as there's also a birthday involved it's been decided that the men are going in tuxedos

i don't own a tux' and have been told buying one rather than renting is better as it can be adjusted to fit properly.. makes sense

so, does anyone know of a good place to buy a tux in/around Manchester?
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Originally posted by chef View Post
    i don't own a tux'

Get it here.

Comment

Asda, 30odd quid I think.

Comment

Get a good tux. The cheap ones look terrible.

PS. If you don't own a tux, how do you dress when going to expensive black tie dinners in the City at top hotels and restaurants?

Oh, I see......

Comment

Chef, remember that the drinks in the break cost and awful amount of money, last time I went (London Opera house) a glass of champagne cost £12 – I think pink champagne was double Lucky my date thought I was worth it

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
            Chef, remember that the drinks in the break cost and awful amount of money, last time I went (London Opera house) a glass of champagne cost £12 – I think pink champagne was double Lucky my date thought I was worth it
            Love is blind.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Love is blind.
              With enough champagne it certainly gets a bit blurry at least...
              B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
                What did your Imam think?
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                  ... the men are going in tuxedos ....
                  Fracking septics.
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                    What did your Imam think?
                    Maybe he was the one buying the champagne?

Comment

Working...
                    X