• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The usuual suspects...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The usuual suspects...

Government reveals suppliers for the forthcoming ID card fiasco:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09...d_procurement/

EDS, IBM, Fujitsu

Will they ever learn?

EDS, with their almost unbroken track record of FAIL

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

boomed

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
      They're consistent if nothing else.
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

And after the disaster, we will ask ourselves....

<Contains a swear word>
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Your Cut-Out-'n'-Keep Complaint Form For when The Government Loses All Of Your Personal Data:

Dear F--k,

I have just learned from The Daily Mail that some c--t in your employ has lost my personal details, having left a CD-ROM, his laptop and several USB sticks in a male brothel in Penge. His house is worth £340K.

I am not claiming benefits, in jail, pre-op transgender, a single parent or Polish, and so have no rights whatsoever. Therefore, let me just say, "F--k you, w--ker!"

Regards

<write name here>

Send to whoever is Prime Minister (tip: check first, it may have just changed).

Comment

that's my gravy train sorted for a few years, not directly with EDS et al. but someone's got to clear up the mess
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
              Government reveals suppliers for the forthcoming ID card fiasco:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09...d_procurement/

EDS, IBM, Fujitsu

Will they ever learn?

And who do you think they should buy off?

Trotters Independent Traders?

It's not the companies that they use that's at fault. It's the contracts that they negotiate that's the problem!

tim

Comment

Story I saw gave CSC not EDS. Not that there is much difference.

EDIT : Double checked and It's CSC for the ID cards and EDS for the UK Borders, aka Immigration, project.

Fujitsu and IBM are in for both.
                Last edited by DaveB; 22 September 2008, 12:41.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Story I saw gave CSC not EDS. Not that there is much difference.
                  Ah sorry...in that case my picture was incorrect. Here is a replacement.

(No swearing in this one)
                  Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by tim123 View Post
                    And who do you think they should buy off?

Trotters Independent Traders?

It's not the companies that they use that's at fault. It's the contracts that they negotiate that's the problem!

tim
                    Well the outcome could hardly be worse, could it?

One could almost imagine board-room seats being kept warm for the fat backsides of our Labour lords and masters once the electorate have finally eliminated their careers as MPs and cabinet ministers.

When is someone going to do some serious digging re. Pat Hewitt?
                    Last edited by bogeyman; 22 September 2008, 13:01.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X