• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC's 'Rehabilitation of Brown' is campaign going well

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC's 'Rehabilitation of Brown' is campaign going well

I used to think people who routinely accused the BBC of a left-wing bias were the usual sort of 'foaming at the mouth' ex-majors and rear-admirals from West Byfleet.

You know, the sort of chap that wouldn't let a gentlemen possessed of a dusky hue, or a regional accent, join his Golf Club.

However, time has proven otherwise. I think the BBC now positively reeks of lefty bias. Moles on the inside are suggesting that directives from high above tell them to 'go easy' on Labour.

Did anyone see the useless, jug-eared Marr's interview with the PM?

Did anyone spot the vociferous, 'rent-a-mob' Labour activists in last week's Question Time audience? (BTW the BBC's 'highlights' of the show do not include Harriet Harman getting verbally disemboweled by a scruffy member of the audience)

Can anyone find a critical word of Labour on the BBC website, and more especially in Nick Robinson's blog (except in the comments - where almost almost entirely are negative - I'm sure Nick never reads the comments)?

I wonder if the Tories will get such an easy ride during their conference.

Thank goodness they still allow the 'Have Your Say' section of the BBC site where we mad old proles can say what we really think.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Just out of interest, whats a dusky hue?
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Read my lips: nu labor wants to kill democracy cos its sold out to al-qaeda and swan-roasting albanian immigrants. The BBC are stealing our wheelie bins! what would churchill say? jeremy clarkson for pm now!

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
        .. Thank goodness they still allow the 'Have Your Say' section of the BBC site where we mad old proles can say what we really think.
        Even with that they seem quite careful what articles or news items include a "have your say" at all, which tends to confirm your point. One can't start a new topic there.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

BBC forum

Has anyone tried to post any anti-Brown/Labour comments on a BBC forum? Chances are the lot - or at least most of what you've posted - won't get published. Happened twice to me, so won't bother anymore now. Maybe that's the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
            Has anyone tried to post any anti-Brown/Labour comments on a BBC forum? Chances are the lot - or at least most of what you've posted - won't get published. Happened twice to me, so won't bother anymore now. Maybe that's the idea.
            From the beeb:

The BBC rejected my last comment, so I will re-phrase it in more Pro-Labour terms.
            The glorious Labour Party are so wonderful, they should be in power till the end of time. We have the most dynamic and considerate goverment in the whole world. We are so lucky those silly people with common sense and intelligence cant oppose Labour.
            Just reverse what I have wrote, and you will understand my meaning!

Totally Anonymous, Wakefield, United Kingdom

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
              From the beeb:

The BBC rejected my last comment, so I will re-phrase it in more Pro-Labour terms.
              The glorious Labour Party are so wonderful, they should be in power till the end of time. We have the most dynamic and considerate goverment in the whole world. We are so lucky those silly people with common sense and intelligence cant oppose Labour.
              Just reverse what I have wrote, and you will understand my meaning!

Totally Anonymous, Wakefield, United Kingdom
              Just a few comments from the first page of the current batch on there:

"We need a rescue Tory government (again) to halt public spending immediately and stem the increasing future tax increases the country has been signed up to by Dunce Brown to meet the debt that his reckless depletion of our economy caused."

"I don't want to be a wage slave in Brown's Boot Camp thanks, the sooner they go the better."

"So Milliband is advising Brown to "be himself."

But it's precisely because he is what he is that so many people despise him and despair of him.

The more "himself" he is, the more we have cause to want to be rid of him."

So I'm not sure what sort of stuff is being rejected - but it's plain that they aren't rejecting all anit-Brown comments

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                I used to think people who routinely accused the BBC of a left-wing bias were the usual sort of 'foaming at the mouth' ex-majors and rear-admirals from West Byfleet.
                Have you just become an ex-major or rear-admiral?

Comment

What a choice for Labour - the snot gobbing cyclopse or that slimey fecker Miliband.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Hopefully the number one priority of a Tory government is to PRIVATISE THE BBC. This will automatically save the taxpayer 140 quid a year each and also free up space in prisons by releasing those Tory supporters that quite justifiably refuse to pay this compulsory subscription to the Brown Broadcasting Corporation.

Comment

Working...
                    X