• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Birmingham accommodation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Birmingham accommodation

Does anyone have any experience of staying over in Birmingham or the general Birmingham area? Can you recommend anything? Any tips? Anything to avoid?

I start a new contract next week and will need something decent. My preference is a hotel, and I will be in the car so it can be a few miles out if needs be.

Please resisit the temptation to say, for example, that 'the best hotel in Birmingham is in Leeds...' or something.

I will be near Fiveways train station, but still not far from New Street.

Thanks

You could always bunk up at AtW's place........if you don't mind a squirrel infestation and the interminable squeaking of his bedsprings. He makes a mean Beetroot Soup allegedly.

hth

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      You could always bunk up at AtW's place........if you don't mind a squirrel infestation and the interminable squeaking of his bedsprings. He makes a mean Beetroot Soup allegedly.

hth

Be warned - when HAB pops round the noise is quite unbearable!

Comment

serco by any chance?
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Accommodation

Not Serco, but a Gov dept.

Seems ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Dodd View Post
            Fiveways is right at the end of Broadstreet which is kind of the main street for pubs, clubs etc - New Street is indeed not too far from it, so is Snow Hill but I am not sure this would be best street for hotel staying since I think hotels there more used to drunk Friday night outgoers looking for a room

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Dodd View Post
              Does anyone have any experience of staying over in Birmingham or the general Birmingham area? Can you recommend anything? Any tips? Anything to avoid?

I start a new contract next week and will need something decent. My preference is a hotel, and I will be in the car so it can be a few miles out if needs be.

Please resisit the temptation to say, for example, that 'the best hotel in Birmingham is in Leeds...' or something.

Thanks
              Brummies.

Comment

Working...
              X