PDA

View Full Version : Birmingham accommodation

Ken Dodd
22nd September 2008, 23:13
Does anyone have any experience of staying over in Birmingham or the general Birmingham area? Can you recommend anything? Any tips? Anything to avoid?

I start a new contract next week and will need something decent. My preference is a hotel, and I will be in the car so it can be a few miles out if needs be.

Please resisit the temptation to say, for example, that 'the best hotel in Birmingham is in Leeds...' or something.

I will be near Fiveways train station, but still not far from New Street.

Thanks

shaunbhoy
23rd September 2008, 01:45
You could always bunk up at AtW's place........if you don't mind a squirrel infestation and the interminable squeaking of his bedsprings. He makes a mean Beetroot Soup allegedly.

hth

:wink

BrilloPad
23rd September 2008, 06:50
You could always bunk up at AtW's place........if you don't mind a squirrel infestation and the interminable squeaking of his bedsprings. He makes a mean Beetroot Soup allegedly.

hth

:wink

Be warned - when HAB pops round the noise is quite unbearable! ;)

chef
23rd September 2008, 06:54
serco by any chance?

Ken Dodd
23rd September 2008, 07:58
Not Serco, but a Gov dept.

Seems ok.

AtW
23rd September 2008, 08:40

Fiveways is right at the end of Broadstreet which is kind of the main street for pubs, clubs etc - New Street is indeed not too far from it, so is Snow Hill but I am not sure this would be best street for hotel staying since I think hotels there more used to drunk Friday night outgoers looking for a room :tired

Clippy
23rd September 2008, 08:58
Does anyone have any experience of staying over in Birmingham or the general Birmingham area? Can you recommend anything? Any tips? Anything to avoid?

I start a new contract next week and will need something decent. My preference is a hotel, and I will be in the car so it can be a few miles out if needs be.

Please resisit the temptation to say, for example, that 'the best hotel in Birmingham is in Leeds...' or something.

Thanks

Brummies.