• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lawn Mower!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lawn Mower!

Hi menfolk!

I need to buy a lawn mower. As this is bloke territory, I thought I'd turn to you lot (as my other half knows nothing of such things!)

At the minute I have a fly mo...and it's cr*p, as you'd expect. My grass is long and it just wont cut it!!

It's a pain in the backside job that I'd like to throw money at to make it easier.

Is there a super dooper mower out there which is a god send and *reasonably priced?

Thanks chappies,
    Sal
    xxxxx

* not over £300ish I guess...maybe £500. I'm really not sure what's reasonable for a lawn mower!
    The pope is a tard.

Try one of these - grass length no issue!

Comment

"It's one o'clock and time for lunch,
      When the sun beats down and i lie on the bench
      I can always hear them talk."
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Bosch do a 1700W one for about £110 quid:

http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs...ing%7C10308073

Does the job for an average size family garden
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
          Hi menfolk!

I need to buy a lawn mower. As this is bloke territory, I thought I'd turn to you lot (as my other half knows nothing of such things!)

At the minute I have a fly mo...and it's cr*p, as you'd expect. My grass is long and it just wont cut it!!

It's a pain in the backside job that I'd like to throw money at to make it easier.

Is there a super dooper mower out there which is a god send and *reasonably priced?

Thanks chappies,
          Sal
          xxxxx

* not over £300ish I guess...maybe £500. I'm really not sure what's reasonable for a lawn mower!
          Just get someone in to sort it initially and then keep on top of it with the flymo or....... just get someone to come and cut it every few weeks.... simple

Ps - Sorry hun, you emailed me when I was on hols and I haven't got back to you I will though
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Call yourself a contractor - get a gardener ffs!!

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Honda Petrol - mine came witha 5 year guarantee.
              I was buying a flymo a year until I bought the Honda
              and I've had the Honda about 8 years now

Comment

Get a gardener to slash and burn it back to a manageable length, then mow it once a week with any old mower.

Comment

How big is your lawn ? I bought a Mountfield petrol mower from B&Q for £250ish, 2 year guarantee. Cuts it like a dream and no problems with it after 2 summers of use.

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerPalmer View Post
                    Honda Petrol - mine came witha 5 year guarantee.
                    I was buying a flymo a year until I bought the Honda
                    and I've had the Honda about 8 years now
                    WHS - used mine (Honda izzy) at w/e - haven't been to my place for about six weeks - mowed it all no worries.

I had an electric Flymo - it was the worst designed thing I have ever used - it kept shredding drive belts at 10 quid a time - Googling (sadly after purchase) revealed that they all (that model) seem to do it. It is now sadly residing in a landfill somewhere - what a waste to make products that don't work. I bought it second hand so couldn't return it to the shop and it was cheap but worthless.

Comment

Working...
                    X