• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Its OK - Gordon knows what he's doing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its OK - Gordon knows what he's doing

I know I will be scorned for linking to the guardian, but just wanted to let you all know that GB will be extending the welfare state. That's OK then. "Mr Darling will you be raising taxes? Yes or No" "Well now is not the time to go answering questions directly..."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...bourleadership
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    I know I will be scorned for linking to the guardian, but just wanted to let you all know that GB will be extending the welfare state. That's OK then. "Mr Darling will you be raising taxes? Yes or No" "Well now is not the time to go answering questions directly..."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...bourleadership
    Hand out a few insanely expensive (after adding all the managment consultancy fees, project f**k ups, etc.) computers & DSL modems.

We're going to need to invent a new word to describe the amount of doom coming UK's way in the coming months. How about:

Doomaggedon
    Bored.

Comment

Vouchers worth from £100 to £700 will be given out by schools to unconnected households for broadband, software, and, if necessary, computers
      I bought our daughter a decent desktop, and a cheap laptop, plus peripherals, so that she would be connected; should I have saved my money and spent the government's instead?

Comment

Golden Clown knows he is fooked and is intent on leaving the country in such dire circumstances that the tories cant fix it in one term and he hopes they will not be able to convince the voters of this legacy for more than one term.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Rather than dwelling on the setbacks and mistakes of the past 12 months, Brown will unveil initiatives aimed at lifting families and pensioners most vulnerable to the steep economic downturn, including:

· Computers and free broadband access for children lacking internet usage.

· Extended help for carers with sick or elderly relatives.

· A £1bn extension of childcare for children as young as two.

What is it about people with kids? FFS, are they really such worthless, incapable-of-anything morons and twonks that they have to rely on every other f--ker to pay THEIR offspring's way through life? God alone knows how my parents ever managed... oh, I know, they worked and we kids got what they could afford, not everything we wanted and had a reasonable understanding of the idea that life's not a freebie circus of handouts. Broadband for every kid?! Why not a mobile phone, an i pod and a guaranteed car when they've heroically managed to scrape through to their 17th birthday? Tsk!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
            Rather than dwelling on the setbacks and mistakes of the past 12 months, Brown will unveil initiatives aimed at lifting families and pensioners most vulnerable to the steep economic downturn, including:

· Computers and free broadband access for children lacking internet usage.

· Extended help for carers with sick or elderly relatives.

· A £1bn extension of childcare for children as young as two.

What is it about people with kids? FFS, are they really such worthless, incapable-of-anything morons and twonks that they have to rely on every other f--ker to pay THEIR offspring's way through life? God alone knows how my parents ever managed... oh, I know, they worked and we kids got what they could afford, not everything we wanted and had a reasonable understanding of the idea that life's not a freebie circus of handouts. Broadband for every kid?! Why not a mobile phone, an i pod and a guaranteed car when they've heroically managed to scrape through to their 17th birthday? Tsk!
            Brown believes that people's interests are better looked after by the government than by themselves.

Addendum: he's far from alone there, and NL are far from alone there; and I do believe that he is driven by real concern for the least fortunate, which I do admire. I still think he's wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
              Brown believes that people's interests are better looked after by the government than by themselves.

Addendum: he's far from alone there, and NL are far from alone there; and I do believe that he is driven by real concern for the least fortunate, which I do admire. I still think he's wrong.
              This is my favourite, ever, POV on the whole kids "thing":

There's too many f--king people in the world. Someone needs to say that by the way. Tired of this, "Hey hey aren't we the coolest. Humans are so neat."
              Too many of yer. Quit rutting, just for a f--king day. Let's work out this food/air deal. Then go back to your rutting. But I'll tell you this. Where's this idea that childbirth is a miracle came from. Ha, I missed that f--king meeting, okay?

"It's a miracle, childbirth is a miracle."

No it's not. No more than a miracle than eating food and a turd coming out of your ass. It's a chemical reaction, that's all it f--king is. If, you you wanna know what a miracle is. Raisin' a kid that doesn't talk in a movie theatre. Okay, there, there, there is a goddam miracle. It's not a miracle if every nine months any yin yang in the world can drop a litter of mewling cabbages on our planet.

And just in case you haven't seen the single mom statistics lately, the miracle is spreading like wild-fire. "Hallelujah!" Trailer parks and council flats all over the world just filling up with little miracles. Thunk, thunk, thunk, like frogs laying eggs.

"Thunk, look at all my little miracles, thunk, filling up my trailer like a sardine can. Thunk. You know what would be a real miracle, if I could remember your daddy's name, aargh, thunk. I guess I'll have to call you Lorry Driver Junior. Thunk. That's all I remember about your daddy was his fuzzy little pot-belly riding on top of me shooting his caffeine ridden semen into my belly to produce my little water-headed miracle baby, urgh. There's your brother, Pizza Boy Delivery Junior."

"Hallelujah!" Hold on for a minute, let's figure out this food/air deal okay? Okay. I'm just weird, you know? How about have a neat world for kids to come to? Ha ha okay it's me, f--k it. Drop 'em like ******* flies, boom, just fill up the world with em. I just don't get it you know, I mean I'm sorry man, you know kids are fine, just keep em away from me. Alright there, alright.
              Now get this, I've been travelling all over the country on British Air. No smoking on British Air. Now let me get this straight, no smoking right but they allow children. Little fairness, huh?

- Bill Hicks (of course)

Comment

The whole system is bolloxed really - the family next door to us have a severely disabled kid. He drives a taxi and so has to work long hours while she stays at home looking after the kid. For the past 2 years she has spent each night caring for the child doing hourly checks etc. He gets up at 6 to care for it until 8 when the carer arrives to provide 2 hours worth of care. His wife gets to sleep between 6 and 10 when the help goes. They get no support other than the 2 hours per week day. This is the town where Lizzie Bardsley was raking in £38k on benefits.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                  The whole system is bolloxed really - the family next door to us have a severely disabled kid. He drives a taxi and so has to work long hours while she stays at home looking after the kid. For the past 2 years she has spent each night caring for the child doing hourly checks etc. He gets up at 6 to care for it until 8 when the carer arrives to provide 2 hours worth of care. His wife gets to sleep between 6 and 10 when the help goes. They get no support other than the 2 hours per week day. This is the town where Lizzie Bardsley was raking in £38k on benefits.
                  You live in Rochdale?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
                    You live in Rochdale?
                    All together now......

Oh it's hard being a cowboy in Rochdale,
                    The spurs don't fit right on me clogs.
                    Oh it's hard being a cowboy in Rochdale,
                    people laugh when I ride past on our Alsation dog.....
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X