• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's only "fair"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's only "fair"

Expect to hear lots of this tripe today ....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ce-speech.html

Brown Clown

Comment

The Prime Minister will use the speech to unveil plans to provide every schoolchild with broadband Internet access at home...
      Cool, I have 3 kids so that's 3 lines into the house - result!!!
      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

All crap and not even slightly convincing.

Comment

He has really lost it if he thinks this is the answer to our most pressing issues!

Comment

He knows he lost it - all he wants now is to stay in #10 for as long as possible, basically to prevent coup - general election should have been called like right now

Comment

So, across the board, we will create rules that reward those who play by them and punish those who don't.
              That's what fairness means to me.
              Nowhere is there an idea that a fair society comes from a society of fair-minded people. There is more and more of the government, and less and less of the people, in all politicians' plans (including the Other Lot).

I was struck by this the other day as I kept my speed down to 50 on a 3-lane carriageway that had little traffic but just happened to have bollards along the verge: I understand why we have speed limits, but there is something pathologically wrong with a government that so mistrusts its people that it develops the most sophisticated surveillance equipment, straight out of science fiction only a decade or so ago, just to make sure that nobody cheats even a little on the strict rule of 50 mph in "road works" areas.

Rules that reward those who play by them and punish those who don't; and never expect people to be able to drive properly and make decisions for themselves. Can't trust the people, Nanny knows best.
              Last edited by expat; 23 September 2008, 09:42.

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                Cool, I have 3 kids so that's 3 lines into the house - result!!!
                This internet stuff is bull tulip of the smelliest kind. Another fancy headline but already he talks about "vouchers" in the following sentence... Nuff said!

Why doesn't he just buy computers directly for primary schools instead, or libraries??? Oh no, that would mean actually delivering something tangible. I know, lets do "vouchers" instead.

What a f**k**g muppet. (Excuse my languauge, but I'm annoyed now).
                Last edited by moorfield; 23 September 2008, 09:42.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
                  This internet stuff is bull tulip of the smelliest kind. Another fancy headline but already he talks about "vouchers" in the following sentence... Nuff said!
                  Dagnabbit - he had me sold on voting NL then...
                  Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post

Why doesn't he just buy computers directly for primary schools instead, or libraries??? Oh no, that would mean actually delivering something tangible. I know, lets do "vouchers" instead.

What a f**k**g muppet. (Excuse my languauge, but I'm annoyed now).
                    I think he'd be more successful bribing his core vote with Argos vouchers.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X