PDA

View Full Version : Hedge Funds

BlasterBates
23rd September 2008, 10:40
Hedge funds (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/hedge-funds-suffer-mass-redemptions-938959.html)

hmm

Peoplesoft bloke
23rd September 2008, 10:45
Is this related to the lawn mower thread?

AtW
23rd September 2008, 10:46
"One of the main problems experienced by hedge funds is the extent of leverage in the industry. The funds were able to take on huge amounts of debt, with little capital needed as security, to boost returns. One observer said some of the leveraged strategies were like "picking up pennies in front of a steamroller, and that only takes a turn in the market to cause severe problems"

These huge leverages should have been banned long time ago - in fact banks were unable to use those leverages because of capital requirements, so they offloaded them into hedge funds who were very poorly (if at all) regulated. Look at shady companies used by Northern Rock who held billions of debt papers while being located in offshores or outside of normal regulation. That's what was driving crazy asset bubble in the last decade - the most astonishing thing is that those people who run hedge funds thought of themselves like they were some kind of Buffets or something :mad

snaw
23rd September 2008, 12:18
"One of the main problems experienced by hedge funds is the extent of leverage in the industry. The funds were able to take on huge amounts of debt, with little capital needed as security, to boost returns. One observer said some of the leveraged strategies were like "picking up pennies in front of a steamroller, and that only takes a turn in the market to cause severe problems"

These huge leverages should have been banned long time ago - in fact banks were unable to use those leverages because of capital requirements, so they offloaded them into hedge funds who were very poorly (if at all) regulated. Look at shady companies used by Northern Rock who held billions of debt papers while being located in offshores or outside of normal regulation. That's what was driving crazy asset bubble in the last decade - the most astonishing thing is that those people who run hedge funds thought of themselves like they were some kind of Buffets or something :mad

AtW.

Give it a rest please, no one gives a toss what you think and newsflash - neither the financial markets or the FSA or anyone else for that matter either.

AtW
23rd September 2008, 12:19
AtW.

Give it a rest please

Tell it to BlasterBates - he posted it :laugh

snaw
23rd September 2008, 12:22
Tell it to BlasterBates - he posted it :laugh

Nah, his post was fine - it's your on going commentary on anything finance related that's getting very tedious.

AtW
23rd September 2008, 12:23
Nah, his post was fine - it's your on going commentary on anything finance related that's getting very tedious.

I am glad to hear it winds you up, thanks for letting me know. :wink

snaw
23rd September 2008, 12:29
I am glad to hear it winds you up, thanks for letting me know. :wink

Dude, it winds me down. It's like prozac. Except it lasts longer. I'd rather listen to Alistair Darling do an extended version of last years budget :suicide:

AtW
23rd September 2008, 12:30
it winds me down.

Sure it does. I'll post more of my financial comments and views then :wink

snaw
23rd September 2008, 12:31
Sure it does. I'll post more of my financial comments and views then :wink

Vogon logic if ever I heard it.

BrilloPad
23rd September 2008, 12:33

I think I preferred the vogon poetry.....

AtW
23rd September 2008, 12:34

Well, do you have anything to say on topic about financial matters or you just got no opinion at all?

snaw
23rd September 2008, 12:43
Well, do you have anything to say on topic about financial matters or you just got no opinion at all?

Think you'll find more than enough contributions from me on financial topics. ;)

AtW
23rd September 2008, 12:47
Think you've find more than enough contributions from me on financial topics. ;)

If you have no opinion on this matter, if you can't argue effectively that your view is more correct than mine or anybody's else why are you then polluting this thread with pointless demands for me to stop talking about something that I have much better understanding about than you? This is uncivilized barbaric behavior worthy of the communist scum - trying to shut mouth of people they don't agree with - you should go work to Russia, they'll like you.

snaw
23rd September 2008, 13:00
If you have no opinion on this matter, if you can't argue effectively that your view is more correct than mine or anybody's else why are you then polluting this thread with pointless demands for me to stop talking about something that I have much better understanding about than you? This is uncivilized barbaric behavior worthy of the communist scum - trying to shut mouth of people they don't agree with - you should go work to Russia, they'll like you.

Sorry, where did I say I had no opinion on it? Doesn't follow I've got to bore everyone endlessly banging on and on and on about the credit crunch, and your curious views on financials institutions.

BTW Much better understanding?!?! I got an A grade in my higher in economics, and took it as an elective for a couple of years uni as well. Unlike you I don't think that makes me an expert, but I'm not completely clueless and I'm married to someone who is an expert ...

AtW
23rd September 2008, 13:05
Sorry, where did I say I had no opinion on it?

Your first post in this thread was attempt to shut me up.

Doesn't follow I've got to bore everyone endlessly banging on and on and on about the credit crunch, and your curious views on financials institutions.

Don't read me then, what's the problem? Credit crunch is a pretty current topic and my "curious" views like banning short sellers are actually being implemented in practice, hopefully other things too.

I got an A grade in my higher in economics

Did they teach you in school that in discussions on economics you should be telling others to stop talking when you don't have any other arguements? Your attitude is the same as that used by Putins thugs.

snaw
23rd September 2008, 13:09
First point - Cause you're boring. It's a topical subject, of interest to some. You're sucking all the oxygen up and making it very tedious.

Second point - Impossible, your fingerprints are all over every economy related post with your pronouncements from above. Give it a rest Warren.

Third point - See point one. It's not a discussion, it's you loving the sound of your own voice. You don't debate, you pronounce, based on some modules you did in shonky degree from a few third rate institutions.

AtW
23rd September 2008, 13:13
You don't debate, you pronounce, based on some modules you did in shonky degree from a few third rate institutions.

Well, let's just look at my predictions:

1) house prices are falling like a stone.

2) short sellers got banned

Who else just 12 months ago was as sure as me that house prices in this country would drop well more than 20%? Who else in here now that doubts it would actually happen?

You see snaw my degrees might be from ex-Soviet Uni and from ex-Poly in the UK, but the difference between me and you is not that you got higher quality red brick uni piece of paper, but the fact that I actually got more than one clue about economics where as you don't. That's why you try to shut me up - if you don't like to read what I post put me on ignore list.

snaw
23rd September 2008, 13:22
Well, let's just look at my predictions:

1) house prices are falling like a stone.

2) short sellers got banned

Who else just 12 months ago was as sure as me that house prices in this country would drop well more than 20%? Who else in here now that doubts it would actually happen?

You see snaw my degrees might be from ex-Soviet Uni and from ex-Poly in the UK, but the difference between me and you is not that you got higher quality red brick uni piece of paper, but the fact that I actually got more than one clue about economics where as you don't. That's why you try to shut me up - if you don't like to read what I post put me on ignore list.

Short selling is a valid market tactic, it's not to blame for the credit crunch - it just exacerbated it in these volatile times. It'll come back. I don't like it either. It's way to soon to see what the impact of it will be in the long term.

You mention any of your other wacky ideas - telling people what they can spend bonuses on etc. Loved that one ...

And I'm sorry, you're the only person who thought we were in a housing bubble - no one foresaw that :rollin::rollin::rollin:

Now you're actually amusing.

If you're such an expert put your money where your mouth is. Talks cheap, get in the stock market and start making millions, which I'm sure you're capable of with your superior economic knowledge. :cool:

KentPhilip
23rd September 2008, 13:25
fight. fight!

ATW can you get one of your hamsters to give -me- a back rub please?

Diver
23rd September 2008, 13:27
I think I preferred the vogon poetry.....

Oh freddled gruntbuggly,
Thy micturations are to me
As plurdled gabbleblotchits
On a lurgid bee
That mordiously hath bitled out
Its earted jurtles
Into a rancid festering [drowned out by moaning and screaming]
Now the jurpling slayjid agrocrustles
Are slurping hagrilly up the axlegrurts
And living glupules frart and slipulate
Like jowling meated liverslime
Groop, I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes
And hooptiously drangle me
With crinkly bindlewurdles,
Or else I shall rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon
See if I don't.

Oops! :uofftopic

I digress :D

snaw
23rd September 2008, 13:29
fight. fight!

I'm waiting for him to wipe the spit of his screen before he gets in his next reply.

He's getting a wee bit upset by the looks of it. Much more entertaining than his dreary economic diatribes.

AtW
23rd September 2008, 13:32
Short selling is a valid market tactic, it's not to blame for the credit crunch - it just exacerbated it in these volatile times. It'll come back. I don't like it either. It's way to soon to see what the impact of it will be in the long term.

Valid or not I said it should be banned, got laughed at, and now FSA and others banned them. So my prediction came true.

House prices dropping quickly now and signs are this will only accelerate next year, just recently people on this forum were saying how "fundementals" of lack of housing etc were preventing houses from dropping, so I was right again.

Now snaw, remind me please, which fairly major economic prediction did you make recently and did it come true?

You mention any of your other wacky ideas - telling people what they can spend bonuses on etc. Loved that one ...

It was not a "whacky" idea. Do you know that if you work proper for MI6 or something then you can't be sniffing drugs, gambling big and do stuff like this with "your money"? You can't do tulip like this because you become a security risk - same with banks: those boy traders wishing to buy Porsche the second they get their annual bonus were a risk to banks because they'd do anything to get their bonus. Look at that trader in French bank that was playing with unauthorised trades on the market which was not noticed until he lost big. Bonus played big role in his motivation.

I mean what is really this "bonus" thing in the City is? It's a sales driven motivation - take any sales driven company where staff gets most of their money from sales and you will find that there is a lot of fraud and misseling going on. Mobile phones retailing in the UK is a good example.

AtW
23rd September 2008, 13:33
He's getting a wee bit upset by the looks of it. Much more entertaining than his dreary economic diatribes.

Not at all - even though people who try to shut my mouth are mildly irritating.

AtW
23rd September 2008, 13:37

That's squirrels, not hamsters! :eyes

Churchill
23rd September 2008, 13:38
That's tree rats, not hamsters! :eyes

Shirley?

snaw
23rd September 2008, 13:46
Valid or not I said it should be banned, got laughed at, and now FSA and others banned them. So my prediction came true.

House prices dropping quickly now and signs are this will only accelerate next year, just recently people on this forum were saying how "fundementals" of lack of housing etc were preventing houses from dropping, so I was right again.

Now snaw, remind me please, which fairly major economic prediction did you make recently and did it come true?

I predict shorting stocks will come back next year ...

You didn't predict it, you stated an opinion on it way before this crisis - i.e. you think it's wrong. It's wrong in these very peculiar times we live in, But it's not to blame for them, and it will be back because it's a valid market technique.

Equally house prices, you've been predicting for four years I've been here they'd fall. Had to come true at some point, but they rose quite a bit in the meantime, and quite a few of us made a bit of cash of it. That's how things generally work, with house prices and with the stock market. Tehy go up, they go down. They'll be back again. It was hardly a unique view, or evidence of your economic superiority.

It was not a "whacky" idea. Do you know that if you work proper for MI6 or something then you can't be sniffing drugs, gambling big and do stuff like this with "your money"? You can't do tulip like this because you become a security risk - same with banks: those boy traders wishing to buy Porsche the second they get their annual bonus were a risk to banks because they'd do anything to get their bonus. Look at that trader in French bank that was playing with unauthorised trades on the market which was not noticed until he lost big. Bonus played big role in his motivation.

I mean what is really this "bonus" thing in the City is? It's a sales driven motivation - take any sales driven company where staff gets most of their money from sales and you will find that there is a lot of fraud and misseling going on. Mobile phones retailing in the UK is a good example.

:suicide:

Oh FFS. The thing is, they're not in the security services, and none of us want to live in that kind of security state. I spend my wages on wtf I want, and I'd object to anyone telling me otherwise - if I want to blow it on drugs, drink and hookers that's my prerogative.

AtW
23rd September 2008, 13:52
Equally house prices, you've been predicting for four years I've been here they'd fall. Had to come true at some point, but they rose quite a bit in the meantime

Sure they did not fall straight away - Govt greatly encouraged banks and people to fool themselves that house prices will keep growing. Four years however is not a long time - you need to compare this with time taken to pay out morgage (25-30) and especially with time spend while being bankrupt due to default on morgage.

I was certainly right not to get into this (or stock market) gambling orgy - that's because I have learnt lessons from Russian economical collapse of 1998 that made me move over here for good.

I am just hoping people in this country will also learn a lesson from this one but I don't hold my breath - something like this already happened here in early 90s and clearly people did not learn it.

Oh FFS. The thing is, they're not in the security services, and none of us want to live in that kind of security state. I spend my wages on wtf I want, and I'd object to anyone telling me otherwise - if I want to blow it on drugs, drink and hookers that's my prerogative.

They are managing peopel's pensions, life savings, investments - ffs, they should take much greater care with those than security services! All staff in such important positions should be taken on lie detectors regularly, no stupid bonuses for short term games - this includes traders AND bosses. If that was in place there would have been no credit crunch. Granted a lot of people would not work in the City - but that's good thing because maybe those people would have actually done something useful for humanity rather than helping to fook people out of their money.

snaw
23rd September 2008, 13:56
They are managing peopel's pensions, life savings, investments - ffs, they should take much greater care with those than security services! All staff in such important positions should be taken on lie detectors regularly, no stupid bonuses for short term games - this includes traders AND bosses. If that was in place there would have been no credit crunch. Granted a lot of people would not work in the City - but that's good thing because maybe those people would have actually done something useful for humanity rather than helping to fook people out of their money.

Sounds like utopia ... :ohwell

AtW
23rd September 2008, 13:59
Sounds like utopia ... :ohwell

That's common sense. Would you trust bank more if it took such pro-active approach towards staff? I sure would. If the staff does not like the rules that safeguard clients money they can fook off. There will be plenty of people to earn City salary while also doing their job properly - certainly after many in the City lose their jobs in the next 2-3 years.

As I said before - anyone who gets big bonus on Xmas and goes to buy brand new Porsche while knowing full well (or should have known using their supposedly superior City economic knowledge) that it's the peak period for idiots with bonuses buying flashy cars, then it would make economic sense to wait at least few months to buy off 2nd hand 3-4 months old Porsche for a LOT less money. Now that would be sound approach to spending bonus on Porsche and if my employee told me this strategy I'd approve it. But if he went to buy Porsche straight away with Xmas bonus he would not have a job in Januiary.

snaw
23rd September 2008, 14:04
That's common sense. Would you trust bank more if it took such pro-active approach towards staff? I sure would. If the staff does not like the rules that safeguard clients money they can fook off. There will be plenty of people to earn City salary while also doing their job properly - certainly after many in the City lose their jobs in the next 2-3 years.

As I said before - anyone who gets big bonus on Xmas and goes to buy brand new Porsche while knowing full well (or should have known using their supposedly superior City economic knowledge) that it's the peak period for idiots with bonuses buying flashy cars, then it would make economic sense to wait at least few months to buy off 2nd hand 3-4 months old Porsche for a LOT less money. Now that would be sound approach to spending bonus on Porsche and if my employee told me this strategy I'd approve it. But if he went to buy Porsche straight away with Xmas bonus he would not have a job in Januiary.

No, it's communism. Almost a police state, and most defintely a country I'd not want to live in.

You earn the money yourself, you have earned the right to spend it how you want, without interference from your boss and risking losing your job cause you wanted to buy yourself a new car. No one would work in your company or for you AtW.

You can take the boy out of Russia ...

AtW
23rd September 2008, 14:08
No, it's communism. Almost a police state, and most defintely a country I'd not want to live in.

No it's not police state - it's common sense and company policy.

How do you like companies that require people to check in/out when they got to the toilet? There are plenty of those in the UK!

You earn the money yourself, you have earned the right to spend it how you want, without interference from your boss and risking losing your job cause you wanted to buy yourself a new car.

Ok, so you think an MI6 officer can get his earned money and go out sniffing charlie, gamble in casino etc and still keep his job? I don't think so - and their contracts certainly reflect that. Like that scandal with sex orgy regarding F1 dude - one of the woman prostitute there was wife of MI5/6 officer who had to resign as the result.

If you don't like these simple rules you should not be in charge of money belonging to other people.

AtW
23rd September 2008, 14:13
No one would work in your company or for you AtW.

You certainly won't work in my company or for me - you have very poor attitude and no bright talent that would warrant closing ones eyes on your lack of attitude. You are a perfect City worker snaw - enjoy it while it lasts, it won't for long.

One would have to have at least one of the two qualities I described above - I've got 2.

:tired

snaw
23rd September 2008, 14:18
No it's not police state - it's common sense and company policy.

How do you like companies that require people to check in/out when they got to the toilet? There are plenty of those in the UK!

Might not like it, but it's within the bounds of acceptability for a company to verify it's employees are actually doing the hours of work they're paid for. What they do in their spare time afterwards, and how they spend their wages is their choice. You're comparing apples and oranges.

Ok, so you think an MI6 officer can get his earned money and go out sniffing charlie, gamble in casino etc and still keep his job? I don't think so - and their contracts certainly reflect that. Like that scandal with sex orgy regarding F1 dude - one of the woman prostitute there was wife of MI5/6 officer who had to resign as the result.

If you don't like these simple rules you should not be in charge of money belonging to other people.

An MI6 officer has that kind of scrutiny because that kind of behaviour can (And has) been used to blackmail them into actions contrary to their countries interests.

I'm not so sure they'd be quite as blackmailable if they bought a new porsche ...

Someone in IB, or otherwise sniffing charlie, or gambling in casinos isn't by dint of this behaviour more risky. I'm pretty sure the trader you mentioned from Socgen didn't do any of this. Hell, I've done it - I still turned up for work and performed my job as expected, big deal. I know plenty of IB/traders that don't do any of that either. You're telling them they can't spend their hard earned readies on a new car?

Sorry, but you've clearly got some underlying authoritarian hangover from Commie Russia subconscious thing going on, you just don't realise it.

AtW
23rd September 2008, 14:22
What they do in their spare time afterwards, and how they spend their wages is their choice. You're comparing apples and oranges.

Certain behavior of employees reduces or increases their risk profile. My bank (if I had one) would have rewarded those employees that act wisely in long term and do not increase risk to the bank. Sure they can spend their wages any way they want - however if they want to continue working in my bank (and this work will be paid very well) then they'd would have to act in a way that does not put bank into disrepute and does not increase risk profile. This means NO blowing Xmas bonus on Porsches or alike. Buying Tube season ticket is okay however.

An MI6 officer has that kind of scrutiny because that kind of behaviour can (And has) been used to blackmail them into actions contrary to their countries interests.

And you think a bank employee who is responsible for billions of pounds of clients money, their retirement funds, their children colledge funds, their life savings, their holidays etc should be scrutinies less than MI6 officer? I think not. Impact on ordinary citizens by mistakes of people like the City is much higher than some blackmailed MI6 officer - which is still unacceptable risk too.

AtW
23rd September 2008, 14:24
Someone in IB, or otherwise sniffing charlie, or gambling in casinos isn't by dint of this behaviour more risky.

:rollin:

Yeah, like they won't take more risks in order to get their bonus (when market is falling so normal course of action does not guarantee them bonus they got used to)!

It's like saying junkie unemployed person has not got increased risk profile of committing crimes - of course they are more likely to do it because they need money for their addiction!

Say I don't mind Kate Moss sniffing charlie - the only risk profile she increases is for her own company, as long as she does not run bank I don't care.

snaw
23rd September 2008, 14:26
You certainly won't work in my company or for me - you have very poor attitude and no bright talent that would warrant closing ones eyes on your lack of attitude. You are a perfect City worker snaw - enjoy it while it lasts, it won't for long.

One would have to have at least one of the two qualities I described above - I've got 2.

:tired

So disagreeing with you highlights my poor attitude. Yep - God complex going on strong. You'd be a great boss - I can tell you're a real leader, full of magnetism and charisma :ohwell :rollin::rollin:

I do well enough mate, I'm at the very top of the tree in my field. I work hard, I deliver consistently and I've never had a bad reference or anyone who wouldn't employ me again (And a couple have, several times).

I'll be sure to take your advice that the city won't last for long on board. :D

snaw
23rd September 2008, 14:29
My bank (if I had one) would have rewarded those employees that act wisely in long term and do not increase risk to the bank. Sure they can spend their wages any way they want - however if they want to continue working in my bank (and this work will be paid very well) then they'd would have to act in a way that does not put bank into disrepute and does not increase risk profile. This means NO blowing Xmas bonus on Porsches or alike. Buying Tube season ticket is okay however.

Great example this one. What makes you think anyone cares what your hypothetical bank would be like to work for? It'll never happen.

I think I've actually sussed you out, you're kind of like a Stalin who never quite made it.

AtW
23rd September 2008, 14:30
So disagreeing with you highlights my poor attitude.

No. You did not disagree with me in this thread - you tried to shut my mouth while you personally did not have any valid arguements. This is certainly poor attitude in my view.

I'm at the very top of the tree in my field.

:rollin:

And you say just earlier about me: "God complex going on strong." :laugh

Where did I say I am "top of the tree in my field" or anything like this? Come to think of it maybe... :eek

AtW
23rd September 2008, 14:33
I think I've actually sussed you out, you're kind of like a Stalin who never quite made it.

Do you know how many millions were killed by Stalin? Do you know really what he turned Russia into?

My grand father who lived during his time was imprisoned on deliberately false report - he barely survived it and then died shortly after he was released. He was totally innocent and the person who made this false report was begging my grandmother recently for forgiveness. That's what Stalin did, how dare you accuse me of doing anything anywhere close to the crimes he did??!?!

AlfredJPruffock

Aha I have heard that phrase before - you were not DG in a previous incaranation ?

Incognito
Actually I kind of like AtW's wacky world of banking. Unfortunately in the real world greed rules and it's all about short term gains. A bit like politics really isn't it? Who cares what state the country is in, in 25 years, as long as we're still in power in 4 years time.

AtW
23rd September 2008, 14:39
Unfortunately in the real world greed rules and it's all about short term gains.

You right. Unfortunately the Govts were complicit in making such rules and tax policies that encourages reckless spending and getting into debt.

Such banks like mine however actually do exist - they are little known banks that are mainly used by the rich, the objective of such banks to keep money safe not to get into games on stock market. I am certain they don't have huge Xmas bonuses and I am certain they are very careful about risk profile of their employees. It's the kind of bank I'd keep my personal money in.

snaw
23rd September 2008, 14:40
No. You did not disagree with me in this thread - you tried to shut my mouth while you personally did not have any valid arguements. This is certainly poor attitude in my view.

Umm, so I'm agreeing with you on banking bonuses now am I? Fooled me.

And you say just earlier about me: "God complex going on strong." :laugh

Where did I say I am "top of the tree in my field" or anything like this? Come to think of it maybe... :eek

Actually you accused me of having a bad attitude and no bright talent. I responded. You're the one waffling on about your bank etc Yeah, I'd say you've a bit of a God complex going on. Especially when it comes to telling people what they can spend their money on ...

snaw
23rd September 2008, 14:42
Do you know how many millions were killed by Stalin? Do you know really what he turned Russia into?

Yep. Next.

My grand father who lived during his time was imprisoned on deliberately false report - he barely survived it and then died shortly after he was released. He was totally innocent and the person who made this false report was begging my grandmother recently for forgiveness. That's what Stalin did, how dare you accuse me of doing anything anywhere close to the crimes he did??!?!

Bit melodramatic isn't it? You react that way if someone calls you a mini Hitler?

snaw
23rd September 2008, 14:44
Such banks like mine however actually do exist - they are little known banks that are mainly used by the rich, the objective of such banks to keep money safe not to get into games on stock market. I am certain they don't have huge Xmas bonuses and I am certain they are very careful about risk profile of their employees. It's the kind of bank I'd keep my personal money in.

Nah, they get absolutely huge bonuses. I know a couple of people who work for Private Banks. No one tells them what they can spend their money on either. :ohwell

HTH.

AtW
23rd September 2008, 14:46
Actually you accused me of having a bad attitude and no bright talent.

I am not prosecutor to accuse you of anything - I merely voiced my view.

Bit melodramatic isn't it? You react that way if someone calls you a mini Hitler?

I would have if I had relatives who were killed in Holocaust.

Perhaps if your family suffered from serial killer you'd be pretty sensitive towards being called serial killer yourself. Or perhaps you won't be - you'd consider it's all right thing to do.

AtW
23rd September 2008, 14:47
Nah, they get absolutely huge bonuses.

They get bonuses for keeping their mouths shut about clients. They don't get them for risking their clients money on derivatives markets playing with toxic tulip in order to earn enough money to the bank so that the bank would give them part in form of a bonus.

snaw
23rd September 2008, 14:49
They get bonuses for keeping their mouths shut about clients. They don't get them for risking their clients money on derivatives markets playing with toxic tulip in order to earn enough money to the bank so that the bank would give them part in form of a bonus.

Know many people in PB do you? Or just another expert field of yours?

sasguru
23rd September 2008, 14:51
I think it's pretty clear that atW has become psychologically unbalanced.

snaw
23rd September 2008, 14:52
I think it's pretty clear that atW has become psychologically unbalanced.

You know, I used to think you were taking the piss, but after today I'm wondering if maybe you aren't right. He's gone a bit funny on us. Pressure of SKA or something maybe.

AtW
23rd September 2008, 14:52
Know many people in PB do you? Or just another expert field of yours?

It's an educated guess. When I become their client I will ask them specifically about bonuses and all that and then let you know the answer. Meanwhile try to hold on to that top of the tree you are on - I hear the winds on top are pretty strong and you might find yourself falling down from the very top.

snaw
23rd September 2008, 14:54
It's an educated guess. When I become their client I will ask them specifically about bonuses and all that and then let you know the answer. Meanwhile try to hold on to that top of the tree you are on - I hear the winds on top are pretty strong and you might find yourself falling down from the very top.

S'ok. I'll go work in a different industry then. They have networks as well :smokin

BTW Mines isn't - like I say, I know a couple of private bankers.

sasguru
23rd September 2008, 14:55
You know, I used to think you were taking the piss, but after today I'm wondering if maybe you aren't right. He's gone a bit funny on us. Pressure of SKA or something maybe.

I'm not taking the piss.