• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yet more tiresome BBC PC Crapola

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet more tiresome BBC PC Crapola

Is English law related to Muslim law?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7631388.stm

I really wish they would give it a rest, they're not doing anyone any favours at all
    Coffee's for closers

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

I really wish they would give it a rest, they're not doing anyone any favours at all

Well for a start I cant think of anything more different than the way the muslims and British interpret the word "stoned"
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Interesting article.

It is not about the laws themselves, but the system that develops and administers the law. There are certainly parallels.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

sharia law is already here, didn't you know? google it up. BBC didn't tell us about that, wonder why?

Comment

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
          sharia law is already here, didn't you know? google it up. BBC didn't tell us about that, wonder why?
          There's a thread about it on here somewhere, can't be bothered to look it up though
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
            Interesting article.

It is not about the laws themselves, but the system that develops and administers the law. There are certainly parallels.
            It is, but its agenda is unsubtle and unwanted. It's a response to the stories last week that sharia law is accepted in the UK in many cases such as domestic violence (where clearly there's no evidence of compulsion)

that actually we shouldn't worry, British law is all based on Islamic law, nothing to worry about, they are very nice people, ignore all the stuff about women's evidence not being as valid as a man, or people being stoned to death for rape, it's all lies, etc.

The author of the article is presenter of Law in Action, and has written articles for the New Statesman and other lefty publications. The previous present of Law in Action was a Guardian journalist.

Here's an insight into the PC leftist BBC think:

http://www.opendemocracy.net/conflic...tales_4219.jsp

While producing a BBC Radio 4 Analysis about the subject, (called Telling Muslim Stories), I found leading British media voices have strong opinions over a dilemma they believe goes to the heart of their role in a liberal society: whether the media has a responsibility to help foster social cohesion, or instead to interrogate and take to task aspects of Muslim culture which could be seen as threatening.

Read this as

"do we either report on terrorism or just print fluffy stories about how all Muslims are wonderful, in the name of 'social cohesion'"

"The truth is you'd be hard pressed to find an editor who is against more diversity in the newsroom."

Now there's a surprise. More diversity, how nice, if you're living in a £2m house in Hampstead

Rageh Omaar, the former BBC and now al-Jazeera reporter, believes something more fundamental is afoot with British journalism. "It's not just simply about how Muslims are portrayed in the media," he says. "It's really a sense that there is a failure of public service in the media to inform non-Muslim Britons about issues relating to the community, about issues relating to the Islamic world."

Ah yes, a failure of public service. That's what it is. We need to be 'informed' about how wonderful Muslim Britons are. Right after that I'm sure they'll move on to telling us how wonderful Chinese people are etc. What's that, they won't?

Some feel the problem is in the language used about Muslims. They are "always thought of as something other, something alien, people who perhaps don't respect 'us', don't want to fit in with 'our' way of life", says Tariq Modood of Bristol University - one of the country's key thinkers on multiculturalism.

Ah, it's the language, of course it is. Political correctness summed up, it's all about 'language'. Never mind that some groups cause more social problems than others, let's just redefine the language and the law until it's illegal to mention it.

About the author: Mukul Devichand is a producer for BBC Radio 4.

There's a surprise.....

The BBC, distorting the world with our money.

Comment

It's a load of kook rubbish. From the article:

From the end of the 9th to the middle of the 11th Century, Sicily had Muslim rulers. Many Sicilians were Muslims and followed the Maliki school of legal thought in Sunni Islam.
              What the author didn't mention, or perhaps didn't know, was that the Normans captured the whole of Sicily from the Arabs in about 1100 and held it for the next two hundred years.

Since they had also conquered England and South Wales not long before, and had their own legal system based largely on Viking law, that's the common factor. DUH!
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                There's a thread about it on here somewhere, can't be bothered to look it up though
                there should be an outcry about the sharia law in our country as there was when Rowan made a gaff about it

but if Beeb don't tell anyone about it then people won't protest if they don't know about it

Comment

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
                  but if Beeb don't tell anyone about it then people won't protest if they don't know about it
                  Something which I learnt a few years ago... and this may come as a suprise to you... there are other news providers in this country apart from the BBC
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Something which I learnt a few years ago... and this may come as a suprise to you... there are other news providers in this country apart from the BBC
                    indeed, but I pay for the Beeb and they refuse to give me news stories that matter like sharia law in the UK already

Comment

Working...
                    X