• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ostrich view on the news.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ostrich view on the news.

May I ask the panel.....

Am I right in thinking that if I don't watch the daily news or Tonight with Trevor McDonald - then bad things wont happen to me & my credit wont get crunched?

I stopped reading the Daily Mail and I'm no longer troubled with immigrants or house prices.....

Yours untroubled of no fixed abode

I was expecting something more ostrich related in this link

after all it has been a busy ostrich day in manchester!
    http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...._bird_captured
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
      Am I right in thinking that if I don't watch the daily news or Tonight with Trevor McDonald - then bad things wont happen to me & my credit wont get crunched?
      You could try, but this is very much like an experiment involving a cat, a box, and some poison gas.

I stopped reading the Daily Mail and I'm no longer troubled with immigrants or house prices.....
      This is an example of the above experiment. You will only find the answer when you look at which point the outcome is determined.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Ostriches

Ha! You call that local news? This is local news!

Comment

If you stop posting on CUK you become less of a cynical old bore.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
            You could try, but this is very much like an experiment involving a cat, a box, and some poison gas.

This is an example of the above experiment. You will only find the answer when you look at which point the outcome is determined.
            I'm out of here.

Comment

Originally posted by Schrodinger's Cat View Post
              I'm out of here.
              or are you?
              Being an internet forum there's no observable state to confirm or disconfirm your status.. unless the mods ban you or you cancel your account, then you'll cease to be both "out of here" and not "out of here" at the same time
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                If you stop posting on CUK you become less of a cynical old bore.
                Id there any evidence for that?

Comment

I'm still avioding the news & the DOOM posts on here....

Crisis, what crisis?

I'm very chipper.......

T
                  (fingers in ears and singing lalalalalalalalalalalala)

Comment

Working...
                  X