• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed!

We've exchanged... finally, on our house sale.

Had a full price offer back in June (it's really dragged - some nervous times for us) based on a good valuation before the prices started to drop.

Complete next week... Renting here we come

( Just thought I'd share some good news )
    Do what thou wilt

Result! No mean feat in these times. Congratulations
    my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Congratulations from someone who's Mrs broke him and made him buy a big house last year

You are truly BOOMED ! Bide your time, I think you are looking at a few years to make a real killing but there is always that distress sale to keep your eye out for.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
        Congratulations from someone who's Mrs broke him and made him buy a big house last year

But "rent is money down the drain". So what is the name for what is happening to the value of our house?

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post

But "rent is money down the drain". So what is the name for what is happening to the value of our house?
          There were no financial arguments from the Mrs, it was another kid on the way and I want a stable roof over my head type of stuff so hard to deflect. Renting, getting nagged and looking at Rightmove everyday has its downsides but obviously I'd still sooner have the cash in the bank. The higher end stuff round my way still seems to be holding up in price and some selling, lower end also OK, the big middle bit is stuffed so it's only a matter of time before it all starts tumbling down.

Comment

Having just watched a friend sell his flat for 4k less than he bought it for (long story, not the brightest spark!).... well done. Boomed indeed!

C.

Comment

I want a stable roof over my head
              Are you Jesus?

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                Are you Jesus?
                Joseph
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
                  Having just watched a friend sell his flat for 4k less than he bought it for (long story, not the brightest spark!).... well done. Boomed indeed!

C.

He seems quite bright to me to cut his losses, no?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

There were no financial arguments from the Mrs, it was another kid on the way and I want a stable roof over my head type of stuff so hard to deflect. Renting, getting nagged and looking at Rightmove everyday has its downsides but obviously I'd still sooner have the cash in the bank. The higher end stuff round my way still seems to be holding up in price and some selling, lower end also OK, the big middle bit is stuffed so it's only a matter of time before it all starts tumbling down.
                    I can not honestly claim it was her against me: it was both of us against my better judgement. Might have made the right choice anyway, my better judgement has been occasionally right but never fun.

I am not certain that decent houses in decent areas will really crash horribly: obviously nobody is buying now, since everybody "knows" what the media tell them, that houses will be 40% cheaper next year; what we have here is a market that's not moving. When it does, we shall see what the prices are like.

Comment

Working...
                    X