• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I've figured out something ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've figured out something ...

It's why so many supposedly intelligent IT bods on this board seem so stupid when they argue.
    It's because they still have a 19th century view of the world where they believe it is deterministic. According to these simpletons if only they look at the "rules" long and hard enough, they'll figure out how it works.
    What they haven't figured out is that the world operates on a probabilistic and random model, not a determinist one.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    It's why so many supposedly intelligent IT bods on this board seem so stupid when they argue.
    It's because they still have a 19th century view of the world where they believe it is deterministic. According to these simpletons if only they look at the "rules" long and hard enough, they'll figure out how it works.
    What they haven't figured out is that the world operates on a probabilistic and random model, not a determinist one.
    I think it is because it is an anonymous public forum where any sort of debate is swamped with loads of stupid posts.

Could we not have a serious forum or something?

Comment

Prime bait but hasn't he gone off working on his web thingy again !?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Could we not have a serious forum or something?
        Of course we can. Should we? Now there is a debate - lets see how serious that stays!!!

Some of us regard this as the lighter side of life - but yes, it is a bit tedious at times wading through silly posts and duplicate threads with slightly altered "comedy" titles.

My "deterministic" two penneth worth ends here.

C.

Comment

It's because they still have a 19th century view of the world
          (suspiciously) Are there any women here today?

Comment

BURN HIM
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Surely that depends on the argument?
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
                Of course we can. Should we? Now there is a debate - lets see how serious that stays!!!

Some of us regard this as the lighter side of life - but yes, it is a bit tedious at times wading through silly posts and duplicate threads with slightly altered "comedy" titles.

My "deterministic" two penneth worth ends here.

C.
                Surely the lighter side of life should be in light relief?

All this thinking makes my head hurt - I think I need a lie down.....

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                  BURN HIM
                  Jehova Jehova!!!
                  "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Are you absolutely certain about that?

Comment

Working...
                    X