• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One down

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One down

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7632778.stm

That old excuse, Bye bye...

Only yesterday I was reading somewhere that she was going to "rubber stamp" the third strip at LHR this week. A week in politics etc....

Is she known as a Milliband-ite? It has certainly rained on Gordy's parade after yesterdays reasonably well received speech. Today on R4 this morning was all over the significance of this.

Comment

Another contendor for the top job - and IMO the best candidate, not bad looking for a commie. I think maybe Kelly & Palin would be good, they could solve disagreements with a cat-fight, then kiss and make-up, maybe get a bit carried away, you know.......hmmmmm........igmc
      Bored.

Comment

Rats and sinking ship?
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
          Another contendor for the top job - and IMO the best candidate, not bad looking for a commie. I think maybe Kelly & Palin would be good, they could solve disagreements with a cat-fight, then kiss and make-up, maybe get a bit carried away, you know.......hmmmmm........igmc
          Are you mad, Sir, or just shortsighted?
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

I'm convinced she is half way through a sex change op (not sure which gender she started as).

But I don't hold that against her, it's her bungling and cock-ups that she's managed in every job she's had that gets my goat.

I would imagine she was asked to leave quietly rather than the other way round.

Comment

I'm convinced she is half way through a species change op
              Agreed, but from homo sapien to what though ?
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

It's certainly true that she's talked to friends of making a "life change" saying she's done her time and that the family needs her more. Indeed she asked Gordon Brown four months ago to leave the government; he asked her to stay on until the next reshuffle.
                From http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/nickrobinson/

Let's look at that again...

Indeed she asked Gordon Brown four months ago to leave the government; he asked her to stay on until the next reshuffle.
                She was asking Gordon to leave the goverment...
                Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                  Nothing there that a bit of make-up, hair-dye and high heels couldn't fix..........maybe time for the opticians....
                  Bored.

Comment

Given that they'll lose the next general election, I guess she's cut her losses and left now, rather than wait, to spend even more time with her kids while they're younger...
                    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                    X