• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A day in the life of Gatwick airport, that lovely airport…

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A day in the life of Gatwick airport, that lovely airport…

Arrived yesterday morning to have my photo taken the moment I walked off the plane for the whole of the 20 feet I would travel to the baggage hall before I could be considered that I’ve departed the airport. Is that really necessary? Do they really destroy my photograph 24 hours later? I doubt it.

Then on the way back up I was at the sleazyjet ticket desk trying to bring my flight forward. An Italian girl in front of me was getting upset over her situation a raised voice was as much as anything she produced the whole 20 minutes I observed. Then out of no where these plain closed x-army type looking chaps, (who’d I’d sworn were travellers if it were not for the little piece of wire hanging out their ears, very convincing) confronted her. When she did not comply they had her kissing the floor hands behind back and handcuffed, screaming for mercy. I felt for her, a gross misunderstanding. Although the plain clothed police officers calmed the situation down a lot more than those BAA staff.

I was next in the queue ‘can I help you sir’

Er ‘actually I’m quite happy with my flight and just wanted to let you know, bye’ My feet led me away at a greater pace than my body could follow.

That place scares me….
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Sussex "We are as good as The Met, honest" Police.... nothing to see here. Move along.

That and it is on the CAA's doorstep (or vice-versa).

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Arrived yesterday morning to have my photo taken the moment I walked off the plane for the whole of the 20 feet I would travel to the baggage hall before I could be considered that I’ve departed the airport. Is that really necessary? Do they really destroy my photograph 24 hours later? I doubt it.

Then on the way back up I was at the sleazyjet ticket desk trying to bring my flight forward. An Italian girl in front of me was getting upset over her situation a raised voice was as much as anything she produced the whole 20 minutes I observed. Then out of no where these plain closed x-army type looking chaps, (who’d I’d sworn were travellers if it were not for the little piece of wire hanging out their ears, very convincing) confronted her. When she did not comply they had her kissing the floor hands behind back and handcuffed, screaming for mercy. I felt for her, a gross misunderstanding. Although the plain clothed police officers calmed the situation down a lot more than those BAA staff.

I was next in the queue ‘can I help you sir’

Er ‘actually I’m quite happy with my flight and just wanted to let you know, bye’ My feet led me away at a greater pace than my body could follow.

That place scares me….

I'd call 20 minutes of raised voices a breach of the peace.

When she did not comply
      Says it all really. Airports are not places to test your Human Rights. You can get 3 months in jail for joking that you've got a bomb in your bag.
      "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
        I'd call 20 minutes of raised voices a breach of the peace.

Says it all really. Airports are not places to test your Human Rights. You can get 3 months in jail for joking that you've got a bomb in your bag.
        Then only thing she had in her bag were verbs adjectives and the occasional colourful metaphor.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Says it all really. Airports are not places to test your Human Rights.
          Says it all really. Al Qaeda blew up the Twin Towers, so that's a good enough excuse to rough you up for complaining.

Comment

Then only thing she had in her bag were verbs adjectives and the occasional colourful metaphor.
            You were there, I wasn't I cede to your judgement, but when I watch programs like airport and that I just think 'you chose to fly sleazyjet, you suffer the consequences'.

Them ranting on at the girls behind the desk is just wrong.
            "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

Comment

Dear Scooter Scot I would like to cancel my subscription to you for the attempted use of abstract concepts in retort to witty repartee.

Please refund my remaining payments or I will send the boys round.

Yours sincerely, CFK.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                Says it all really. Al Qaeda blew up the Twin Towers, so that's a good enough excuse to rough you up for complaining.
                You think ranting on at someone for 20 minutes is 'making a complaint?'

(She might not have been, but that's the way I read the original post)

Comment

You were there, I wasn't I cede to your judgement, but when I watch programs like airport and that I just think 'you chose to fly sleazyjet, you suffer the consequences'.

Them ranting on at the girls behind the desk is just wrong.
                  I quite agree with that. But if terminal rudeness gets you on the floor being handcuffed by a pair of goons, who do I call because I've got a lot of candidates for the 'cuffs?

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                    I quite agree with that. But if terminal rudeness gets you on the floor being handcuffed by a pair of goons, who do I call because I've got a lot of candidates for the 'cuffs?
                    I think she was on the floor for not being cooperative with the police, not for shouting at the staff.

Comment

Working...
                    X