• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blu-ray

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray

Thinking of getting a Blu-ray player but wondering if it's really worth it.

What are the esteemed panel's views on Blu-ray players? Anyone got one, is it worth it etc?

I've only got a 1080i HD telly at the moment but thinking of also upgrading to the 1080P Bravia X-series.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-BDPS350...2261645&sr=8-1

May I suggest a PS3? Cheaper than most blu-ray players, fully capable of supporting all future functionality upgrades and it's been well reviewed almost everywhere.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
      May I suggest a PS3? Cheaper than most blu-ray players, fully capable of supporting all future functionality upgrades and it's been well reviewed almost everywhere.
      Did briefly cross my mind but I don't play games.

Comment

PS3 - cheaper than dedicated, and you can use it as a media centre.

Still rocks even if you don't play games, and it looks good.
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
          May I suggest a PS3?
          Originally posted by snaw View Post
          WTS
          Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

I've already got an AppleTV and Airport Express for that kind of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by interested View Post
              I've already got an AppleTV and Airport Express for that kind of thing.
              Have you used the HD movie download service? If you have, do you rate it? I don't do games either or ever look to own DVD's so I'm interested in streaming HD movies.
              Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

You can pick up a blu-ray player for well under £200 now. You wont find a PS3 for that price atm.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

If you put ordinary TV feed through a HD device to a HD TV is there any attempt by the equipment to upgrade the signal like they claim with ordinary DVDs in a HD player. If so, is it successful?
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    You can pick up a blu-ray player for well under £200 now. You wont find a PS3 for that price atm.
                    Ahh, they've came down then. You'd get one on ebay for £200 pretty easy (I did, brand new unused). But retail would be another £40 or so.

BTW ON the HD thing - I use my PS3 and stream HD movies to it, works a treat
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
                    X