• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Budapest

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Budapest

Off to Budapest in the morning for a lads holiday away.

Any advice on things to do when there? Things not to do?

Cheers
    l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/tra...cle3374751.ece

Don't forget your loincloth!

Comment

watch out for (very very hot) girls trying to entice you into dodgy sex clubs
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

You'll find some 'clubs' have holes in the walls. Obviously, you'll need the smaller hole...
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
          You'll find some 'clubs' have holes in the walls. Obviously, you'll need the smaller hole...

Not my thing, but thanks for the advise. Was it good?
          l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

I lived there for a while in 2000-2001 so it's probably all changed, but;

Fausto's restaurant - top class italian.
            Go up to the castle.
            Find out if there is a club night in the caves under the castle - v cool.
            The baths in the City park are very good - I can't remember how to spell it, but I think it's pronounced Se chen yhe.
            Nice trip down the Danube.

DON'T get in the first cab on the street you find - they are all thieving scumbags. Find out the number of CityCabs (or CityTaxi - can't remember now) and use them for everything (if you're not on the metro which is also quite cool).

IF you're going to a titty bar (or whatever) make sure you keep a copy of the drinks menu you order from the first time. I've heard they have a great trick of bringing you a bill 10x the price for each drink, and a menu to match it.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Money Money Money View Post
              Not my thing, but thanks for the advise. Was it good?
              Dunno. I was on a cultural visit!

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                Dunno. I was on a cultural visit!

Hope you're telling the truth. I have good information that the recently banned Likely was "working the wall" in Budapest at that time.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                X