• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parasol or Drole??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parasol or Drole??

Hi I'm new to the role of contarcting, and my agency has asked me to use an Umbrella Co.

I'll be working 2 days a week for 3 months earning £110 a day...

Parasol has quoted £27, while Drole has quoted £16...

My biggest priority is to have things run smootly obviously the more money I can keep the better..

Is the quote from Drole too good to be true? Can anyone please advise on their experiences with these 2 companies pls...

Thanks

I used Parasol for about 18 months and cant fault them, a very smooth operation, payment always on time and correct. Havent heard of Drole

Comment

Originally posted by giodoc View Post
      Hi I'm new to the role of contarcting, and my agency has asked me to use an Umbrella Co.

I'll be working 2 days a week for 3 months earning £110 a day...

Parasol has quoted £27, while Drole has quoted £16...

My biggest priority is to have things run smootly obviously the more money I can keep the better..

Is the quote from Drole too good to be true? Can anyone please advise on their experiences with these 2 companies pls...

Thanks
      Find out why the agency wants you to use a brollie.
      If they insist then suggest they up your rate to cover the cost.

With a proper contract there is no need for you to work through a brollie.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I like Parasol - as said above, pay-up on time and do actually try to help.

Comment

The difference in take home pay will be the difference in their charges - so £11 per week - take into account tax etc and this will work out at around £6 or £7 in your sky rocket.

Drole have 1 months free trial period - that could save you about 50 quid!

as for service - well in essence this can be a bit down to luck.

Both will claim to pay you within 2 working days of recieveing the money (as long as relevant timesheets etc have been entered) and both will endeavour to do that.

However they will only pay on receipt of funds from agency and more than likely some form of remit from agency if this does not arrive you money will be late.

up to you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
            Find out why the agency wants you to use a brollie.
            If they insist then suggest they up your rate to cover the cost.

With a proper contract there is no need for you to work through a brollie.
            What alternative would you suggest? Ltd seems a little overkill for £220 a week. Over three months £2860.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

i used parasol for 9 months when i began contracting, never had any problems..
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I used parasol too when I started and although they did have a few months of being completely and utterly tulip (there is a very long thread on the matter), they came back and resumed normal service once they had fixed the IT problems.
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Another vote for Parasol when I started.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    Another vote for Parasol when I started.
                    WHS

Comment

Working...
                    X