• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Archbishop of Cantebury - STFU !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to say that. Sorry if you're a god-botherer.

"The Archbishop of Canterbury speaks in support of Karl MarxRuth Gledhill, Religion Correspondent
    The Archbishop of Canterbury Dr Rowan Williams has spoken up in support of Karl Marx, defending key aspects of his critique of capitalism.

Dr Williams warns that in the face of the credit crisis, the financial world needs new regulation and says that our society is running the risk of idolatry in its relationship with wealth. "

First it's Sharia law, now Communism, and if anyone's bothered, the breakup of the Anglican church. This guy needs a nice easy job in a uni somewhere, far away from the scissor draw, so to speak. He is a menace.
    Bored.

Originally posted by ace00 View Post

"The Archbishop of Canterbury speaks in support of Karl MarxRuth Gledhill, Religion Correspondent
    The Archbishop of Canterbury Dr Rowan Williams has spoken up in support of Karl Marx, defending key aspects of his critique of capitalism.

Dr Williams warns that in the face of the credit crisis, the financial world needs new regulation and says that our society is running the risk of idolatry in its relationship with wealth. "

First it's Sharia law, now Communism, and if anyone's bothered, the breakup of the Anglican church. This guy needs a nice easy job in a uni somewhere, far away from the scissor draw, so to speak. He is a menace.
    No humane and thoughful person doubts that much of Marx's critique of the inhumanity of unfettered capitalism was entirely justified. Saying so does not make one a Marxist.

And I am rather opposed to saying STFU instead of debate. It is contra-liberty.

Comment

Seconded
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

No humane and thoughtful person believes that the manifestation of a communist doctrine espoused by Marx is not unworkable, unsustainable and dangerous.
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
          No humane and thoughtful person believes that the manifestation of a communist doctrine espoused by Marx is not unworkable, unsustainable and dangerous.
          That much is obvious and perfectly consistent with what I said, and indeed possibly why Marx once said that he was not a Marxist. I don't believe that Williams is a Marxist either.

Nor do I believe that he is appeasing Muslims, or just trying to be inclusive and tolerant to other religions: if you pay attention to what he actually says it is clear that what he is doing is trying to restore, as he sees it, religion to a central place in the life of our society. In that respect he is in agreement with Islam.

Personally I am an atheist, and it is not even the Church of England that I am an escapee from, so I am not with him on that one; but I at least understand what he is doing.

Comment

From memory, I think Marx said something like "Capitalism contains within it the seeds of its own destruction". In the long run he is right.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

It's scissor drawer. Why can't anyone spell any more?

Comment

I'd say The Hippy and his sidekick The Nutter are really off the rails this time.
                My R.E. is a little rusty these days but wasn't Jesus's parable of the talents all about the people who worked hardest deserve to be rewarded ?

Comment

We've already got Shariah Law!
                  Originally posted by TimesOnline
                  It has now emerged that sharia courts with these powers have been set up in London, Birmingham, Bradford and Manchester with the network’s headquarters in Nuneaton, Warwickshire. Two more courts are being planned for Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                    No humane and thoughful person doubts that much of Marx's critique of the inhumanity of unfettered capitalism was entirely justified. Saying so does not make one a Marxist.

And I am rather opposed to saying STFU instead of debate. It is contra-liberty.
                    Actually having gone ahead and read the full article after posting, I kind of agree with first point. Archbish should be aware however that he is a very public figure, indeed a direct line to the big fella I 'spose, so unlike us he does not have the luxury of being able to spout carpola without consequence. Hence he should stay away from skizers.
                    As for the stfu, unreasonable yes, but satisfying.
                    Bored.

Comment

Working...
                    X