PDA

View Full Version : Nice hotel in bath (for romantic weekend)

ChimpMaster
25th September 2008, 13:30
Planning to go to Bath for a weekend with the wife... can anyone recommend a good hotel out there.... not your Hilton business type of hotel, rather a place with more character.

chef
25th September 2008, 13:33
I went to Bath once and planned on staying in a nice comfy hotel, i couldnt find one so i built my own..

Threaded

sasguru
25th September 2008, 13:37
Queensberry or The Residence

cailin maith
25th September 2008, 13:38
Try the Mr & Mrs Smith website - they do really nice boutique hotels.

Peoplesoft bloke
25th September 2008, 13:41
Luxury - The Bath Priory.
Nice boutiquey style - Haringtons

I have stayed in both and would recommend both.

Don't stay in the Milsoms above Loch Fyne if you want to get any sleep. The staff there were also very very surly and miserable when I went.

If it was me, I'd save a bit on the cost of the Priory and stay in Haringtons but go to the Thermae Spa - it's fab.

Peoplesoft bloke
25th September 2008, 13:42
Forgot about the Queensberry - that is also nice (have also stayed there).

Spacecadet
25th September 2008, 13:46
Planning to go to Bath for a weekend with the wife... can anyone recommend a good hotel out there.... not your Hilton business type of hotel, rather a place with more character.

The Hilton in Bath is one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in :mad:

swamp
25th September 2008, 13:48
I stayed at the Francis Hotel, Queen Square.

Nice hotel building on a very nice old square near everything. Hotel itself was OK; it had three stars and felt three stars.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g186370-d192990-Reviews-Mercure_Francis_Bath-Bath_Somerset_England.html

You can pay silly money on 4* or 5* hotels in Bath, so I'd probably recommend it.

ChimpMaster
25th September 2008, 13:53
Thanks all ... will check them out.

Lockhouse
25th September 2008, 15:16
Bath Spa. Best hotel in the city (according to me). Superb restaurant.

Gonzo
25th September 2008, 20:01
I stayed at the Francis once (I was a permie back then), it was only OK. If you do go there I would give the restaurant a miss if I were you.

Now I am a contractor :D I would stay at the Royal Crescent Hotel.

I haven't been there myself but Inspector Morse did stay there in one episode so it has to be quite good. :rolleyes: