• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nice hotel in bath (for romantic weekend)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice hotel in bath (for romantic weekend)

Planning to go to Bath for a weekend with the wife... can anyone recommend a good hotel out there.... not your Hilton business type of hotel, rather a place with more character.

I went to Bath once and planned on staying in a nice comfy hotel, i couldnt find one so i built my own..

Threaded
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Queensberry or The Residence
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Try the Mr & Mrs Smith website - they do really nice boutique hotels.
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Luxury - The Bath Priory.
          Nice boutiquey style - Haringtons

I have stayed in both and would recommend both.

Don't stay in the Milsoms above Loch Fyne if you want to get any sleep. The staff there were also very very surly and miserable when I went.

If it was me, I'd save a bit on the cost of the Priory and stay in Haringtons but go to the Thermae Spa - it's fab.

Comment

Forgot about the Queensberry - that is also nice (have also stayed there).

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
              Planning to go to Bath for a weekend with the wife... can anyone recommend a good hotel out there.... not your Hilton business type of hotel, rather a place with more character.
              The Hilton in Bath is one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

I stayed at the Francis Hotel, Queen Square.

Nice hotel building on a very nice old square near everything. Hotel itself was OK; it had three stars and felt three stars.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...t_England.html

You can pay silly money on 4* or 5* hotels in Bath, so I'd probably recommend it.
                Cats are evil.

Comment

Thanks all ... will check them out.

Comment

Bath Spa. Best hotel in the city (according to me). Superb restaurant.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                    X