PDA

View Full Version : Oh Dear : Pakiland at war with NATO

sappatz
25th September 2008, 18:07
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7635893.stm

this is an act of war

NickFitz
25th September 2008, 18:30
Get a grip. Pakistan is entitled to defend its airspace from unauthorised incursions by military aircraft of a foreign power.

bullseye
25th September 2008, 18:55
Funny scene there.

Pakistan is using firepower and airpower supplied by US initially against US now.

I wonder if USA has managed create one more 'Osama'!

BrilloPad
25th September 2008, 19:46
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7635893.stm

this is an act of war

"The Pentagon said they were US helicopters and that Pakistan would have to explain what had happened."

They could say "it was friendly fire. you should know all about that."

Spacecadet
25th September 2008, 20:08
Oh Dear : Pakiland at war with NATO

You are a tool with the mentality of a 15 year old chav

Now where's my £5?

Moose423956
25th September 2008, 20:13
You are a tool with the mentality of a 15 year old chav

Now where's my £5?

WHS. The word "Pakiland" is offensive.

churkus
25th September 2008, 20:34

yep, im suprised the OP is on a forum like this. didnt expect this type of mentality from an IT literate contractor, bit of an eye opener knowing theyre out there.

swamp
25th September 2008, 20:35

George W Bush did once refer to the people of the northern sub-continent as "pakis"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2002/jan/09/usa.matthewengel

He was forgiven because he is a bit thick, and I think a pilot being shot at by the Pakistan army could be forgiven for using such an epithet too. But it's not acceptable to post such things on CUK.

Troll
25th September 2008, 20:41
I take it you all know what the suffix 'stan' means?

Spacecadet
25th September 2008, 20:55

Yes...

Moose423956
25th September 2008, 21:21

No. Please do enlighten me.

Spacecadet
25th September 2008, 21:24
No. Please do enlighten me.

it means land... so Troll is trying to imply that saying Pakiland is acceptable.

Moose423956
25th September 2008, 21:37
it means land... so Troll is trying to imply that saying Pakiland is acceptable.

That's why he/she/it is a troll.

Troll
25th September 2008, 21:51
it means land... so Troll is trying to imply that saying Pakiland is acceptable.I'm more curious as to why a literal translation should warrant such a response.

Would Afghanland also be deemed offensive?

Clippy
25th September 2008, 21:53
I'm more curious as to why a literal translation should warrant such a response.

No your not.

Now p*ss off.

Troll
25th September 2008, 21:56
No your not.

Now p*ss off.
So eloquent as usual

Spacecadet
25th September 2008, 21:56
I'm more curious as to why a literal translation should warrant such a response.

Its a selective literal part translation used for what was probably an ill thought, off the cuff offensive comment by the original poster.

Now p*ss off.
WHS

Clippy
25th September 2008, 21:58
So eloquent as usual

Shut it.

Troll
25th September 2008, 22:02
Its a selective literal part translation used for what was probably an ill thought, off the cuff offensive comment by the original poster.

WHSThe question is .. what makes it offensive? I don't know peoples background but are there any of Pakistani origins posting that genuinely find it offensive, or is it an automatic white liberal response to a perceived offence?

PRC1964
25th September 2008, 22:03
I've done a bit of work in Pakistan and the term "paki" is used a fair amount there. You will see companies called Paki-clothing Company/Paki-Industires etc.

However in the UK "Paki" has an obvious racist tone. I read the title to this post and assumed it to be from a troll.

Spacecadet
25th September 2008, 22:10
The question is .. what makes it offensive? I don't know peoples background but are there any of Pakistani origins posting that genuinely find it offensive, or is it an automatic white liberal response to a perceived offence?

a quick google search for the word pakiland gives you
Links to web pages written by people from pakistan, india and other surrounding countries where the term paki is used inoffensively

and

links to clearly racist/ignorant comments

Troll
25th September 2008, 22:11
I've done a bit of work in Pakistan and the term "paki" is used a fair amount there. You will see companies called Paki-clothing Company/Paki-Industires etc.

However in the UK "Paki" has an obvious racist tone. I read the title to this post and assumed it to be from a troll.but no-one has used that term, perhaps the mods could re-title if people find it offensive

Troll
25th September 2008, 22:15
a quick google search for the word pakiland gives you
Links to web pages written by people from pakistan, india and other surrounding countries where the term paki is used inoffensively

and

links to clearly racist/ignorant comments
So what you're saying is only people from ethnic background may use the literal translation.
Do the Indian posters use the term in an offensive manner ?

Diver
25th September 2008, 22:21
No your not.

Now p*ss off.

:spel You're

So eloquent as usual

frayed knot :rolleyes::D

Troll
25th September 2008, 22:22
:spel You're

frayed knot :rolleyes::D
scant pickings around this board tonight

Diver
25th September 2008, 22:25

Total waste of time being a troll these days :D

NickFitz
26th September 2008, 02:26

Elements like you and the OP put people off. Decent people are offended by those who indulge in, or defend, racist attitudes. Of course you, and quite possibly the OP, seek only to offend, so you probably regard this as a triumph.

I will never understand why you weren't banned ages ago. Are you one of administrator's friends, or alternate personas, or something?

Whatever, you make me sick.

Troll
26th September 2008, 06:58
Elements like you and the OP put people off. Decent people are offended by those who indulge in, or defend, racist attitudes. Of course you, and quite possibly the OP, seek only to offend, so you probably regard this as a triumph.

I will never understand why you weren't banned ages ago. Are you one of administrator's friends, or alternate personas, or something?

Whatever, you make me sick.I've never really understood why you sound such a sanctimonious little pr1ck... so often

snaw
26th September 2008, 07:39
I've never really understood why you sound such a sanctimonious little pr1ck... so often

Coming from you I think Nick should take that as a compliment. You're a nasty piece of work, so do us all a favour and go crawl back in your hole, you sad little man.

Incognito
26th September 2008, 07:39
This would be a good thread if it wasn't for the fact that they only get stuck in about each other every four hours.

Might have to do some work now.

<whistles as he logs off and bumbles away>

edit *** apart from snaw getting right in aboot it just as I was posting :yay: ***

BrilloPad
26th September 2008, 07:42
I would like to say that Troll did have one post I found useful. A long long time ago.....

cailin maith
26th September 2008, 08:02
Coming from you I think Nick should take that as a compliment. You're a nasty piece of work, so do us all a favour and go crawl back in your hole, you sad little man.

WHS :yay:

OwlHoot
26th September 2008, 08:17
Get a grip. Pakistan is entitled to defend its airspace from unauthorised incursions by military aircraft of a foreign power.

But if Pakistan admits it isn't in complete control of its north-west frontier provinces (which I think it has), and these are harbouring taliban fighters and terrorists menacing the neighbours, how is it justified in complaining if someone else is forced to take the situation in hand?

realityhack
26th September 2008, 10:34
But if Pakistan admits it isn't in complete control of its north-west frontier provinces (which I think it has), and these are harbouring taliban fighters and terrorists menacing the neighbours, how is it justified in complaining if someone else is forced to take the situation in hand?
Good attempt to get the thread back on topic there OwlHoot. :D

Incognito
26th September 2008, 11:01

Unfortunately the West (i.e. the US and her lackeys) seem to respect territorial integrity purely on a case by case basis as shown with the recent Kosovo/South Ossetia incidents.

Ardesco
26th September 2008, 11:21
The problem is that the US has named a bunch of people Taliban and the vast majority of them are simple locals fighting for the freedom of thief little patch of soil and they have little to no interest in worlwide politics. They aimy want to be left alone and rule those little bit of land as they see fit. Why should we not let them? Who cares if some yokels want to live in a few caves and shoot anybody who come near isn't that how it's been in the south of the US for years anyway? I would say NATO's fault and something the pakistanis are well within bier right to do

Spacecadet
26th September 2008, 11:36
The problem is that the US has named a bunch of people Taliban and the vast majority of them are simple locals fighting for the freedom of thief little patch of soil and they have little to no interest in worlwide politics. They aimy want to be left alone and rule those little bit of land as they see fit. Why should we not let them? Who cares if some yokels want to live in a few caves and shoot anybody who come near isn't that how it's been in the south of the US for years anyway? I would say NATO's fault and something the pakistanis are well within bier right to do

pda or drunk?

Ardesco
26th September 2008, 11:50
pda or drunk?
Phone :)

lilelvis2000
26th September 2008, 13:33

make the military look good in the eyes of the people...because the recent bombings were an attempt to break the alliance between the two. Besides that the military and the ISI work on both sides...so who knows what their game is.

see: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7620767.stm

All I know is..Pakistan is a near-failed state..which is not a country with a military..but a military with a country.