• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Good Thing about all the UK doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Good Thing about all the UK doom

Is that out of past depressions in the UK has come new music movements: Mods, Punk, Acid House...we are due a new one. It's been too long. The conditions are right. Bring it on!

'Course, being mid-30's and living down under, it probably has already happened and I didn't notice it.

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
    Is that out of past depressions in the UK has come new music movements: Mods, Punk, Acid House...we are due a new one. It's been too long. The conditions are right. Bring it on!

'Course, being mid-30's and living down under, it probably has already happened and I didn't notice it.
    No, you haven't missed it. There hasn't been a new music movement from Australia yet, nor will there be one any time soon.

You just get the same ones that we have here, after it has spent 12 weeks on a boat getting over there

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
      No, you haven't missed it. There hasn't been a new music movement from Australia yet, nor will there be one any time soon.

You just get the same ones that we have here, after it has spent 12 weeks on a boat getting over there
      Aus does have it's own homegrown bands which are very popular here but mainly unheard of in the UK...NZ even more so. There is a hardcore rockabilly/mod scene in Sydney too.

But that's not what I meant. The UK has always been where these new things start. I wonder if there's something bubbling up there? Grime? (naa, that's derived from garage and not something new)

Tony Wilson said every 13 years a new music scene develops. RIP Tony.
      Last edited by aussielong; 25 September 2008, 22:09.

Comment

Tony Wilson was a clock -l
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

This is true. Just think what the slave trade did, and then there was the great depression, first and second world wars. They all produced some good stuff. Bring it on!!!!
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I predict The Blues will be making a comeback, I meant the music not the party (before rara girl cybertory gets aroused)
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 25 September 2008, 22:52.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

It's happened in the UK already, and it's called the "Simon Cowell get-rich fund", or "X-factor" for short.

Comment

Working...
              X