• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good news. No agreement on US bail-out !!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news. No agreement on US bail-out !!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7636943.stm

Personally, I think they should let the market itself sort this out, and Central Banks should only lend to any remaining banks that are viable, purely to maintain liquidity.
    Taking over the debts of these banking fraudsters is ridiculous.

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7636943.stm

Personally, I think they should let the market itself sort this out, and Central Banks should only lend to any remaining banks that are viable, purely to maintain liquidity.
    Taking over the debts of these banking fraudsters is ridiculous.
    Isn't that precisely what they did (or rather didn't do) before the Great Depression?
    Cats are evil.

Comment

blimey!!

and pleas from Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson, who reportedly knelt before the House speaker, Nancy Pelosi, and appealed for her support.
      linky
      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Not good for anyone who bought banking shares on the news of this rescue plan.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
          Isn't that precisely what they did (or rather didn't do) before the Great Depression?
          I thought they kept interest rates high to avoid inflation and refused to pump extra money into the system?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Not good for anyone who bought banking shares on the news of this rescue plan.
            People who hoped to cash in on taxpayers money are no better than the shysters who caused this mess... flip em'
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

If I'd bought shares in a UK bank I wouldn't be taking any US tax-payer money. Shares rose up to 50% when the announcement was made, on the assumption it was actually going to happen. Doesn't affect me personally but I'm sure some here have been playing at day-trading recently.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                If I'd bought shares in a UK bank I wouldn't be taking any US tax-payer money........
                Depends what you mean by UK bank

Comment

Working...
                X