• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many systems do you have to change your passwords on at current client?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current client has password changes enforced every two months. No single sign-on so that means 18 seperate password changes to do.

16.67%
    2-4
    12.50%
    5-9
    37.50%
    10-14
    12.50%
    15-20
    8.33%
    More than 20
    12.50%
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Not the current client, but the mostest ever was above 20. Fortunately for anything on the PC, there was a smart card system which could remember the passwords for each application, otherwise it would have been much higher.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

We have SSO - but I have 31 others! I dread to think what like without SSO - 36 or so?

Comment

er, 1. I'm very light touch when it comes to client systems...
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

3 for me. There are loads of systems, but I'm not let near most of them.

Comment

Some 20 systems at curent client but their password policy is a bit a joke here, windoze is a change every 3 months but majority of other systems have not been changed since the day they were installed

Comment

password1
              password2
              password3
              password4
              password5
              password6
              [ go to password1 ]
              Cats are evil.

Comment

Too many

As a result of not being arsed to change them I now have no access to my internal email account or the ticketing system for the IT support monkeys

not that I'm bothered of course... both were major conflicts with IR35
                now they HAVE to use my own companies email address and any support stuff I get a permie to raise a ticket for me.
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                  password1
                  password2
                  password3
                  password4
                  password5
                  password6
                  [ go to password1 ]
                  With ours, 8 characters, mixed case, including at least one number or special character, and checked against both dictionary words and d1ct10nary words.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    ...both were major conflicts with IR35
                    now they HAVE to use my own companies email address and any support stuff I get a permie to raise a ticket for me.
                    result
                    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                    X