• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A fine lunchtime drinking in the sunshine

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A fine lunchtime drinking in the sunshine

Just back at my desk now after a 3 hour stint.

Doesn't happen very often but then again all our projects are about to be canned so stuff it ....

Where are you? City financial?

Comment

Love it - went out at 12 for a 'lunch meeting', just back on site now, and about to go out to the local in 5 min. Total time on site: 3.5hrs. Total billing time: 8.5hrs. Total alcohol consumed: 10 units.

And yes, I'm in banking.

Comment

One of my contractor friend's turned extended lunchtime drinking into an art.

Would meet up for a beer and he would always be happy to stay out a few hours, I used to say to him - "you sure you don't need to get back?" He would reply "No its alright...". He never had his suit jacket on even when it was cold or raining.

Turned out he would hang the suit jacket on the back of his chair, to create the image that he was in the office somewhere and then slope off as and when.

Ended many a drinking session with him saying, "better drop the laptop back at my desk before I go home".
        I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying...

Comment

Working...
        X