• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Q- Working in the Brentford area?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Q- Working in the Brentford area?

What's it like working in the Brentford area? Weekly commute is presently a possibility for next gig. Train from Crewe looks favourite for Mon/Fri but I'm not sure what accommodation will be like in that area for availability and cost. I've never worked in that area at all before.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Like any London suburb, there'll be a thriving rental scene, or B&Bs if you prefer, but it won't be cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
      What's it like working in the Brentford area? Weekly commute is presently a possibility for next gig. Train from Crewe looks favourite for Mon/Fri but I'm not sure what accommodation will be like in that area for availability and cost. I've never worked in that area at all before.
      Try easyroomate, or you could get a cheap room in one of the travelodges if you book well in advance.

BTW Crewe to Euston is fast (1hr 50 or so) and cheap, but it will be a bind getting to brentford from there
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Is it Sky by any chance?
        Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
          Is it Sky by any chance?
          No, Worley Parsons actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            Try easyroomate, or you could get a cheap room in one of the travelodges if you book well in advance.

BTW Crewe to Euston is fast (1hr 50 or so) and cheap, but it will be a bind getting to brentford from there
            Thanks, I guess Euston out to Brentford will be a bind then on a Monday morning, but then again, I'd be heading the opposite way to most of the office workers?

Comment

I'd probably drive instead, m6 toll, m42, m40 is much faster than the M1 even on a Monday morning.

http://www.travelodge.co.uk
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                I'd probably drive instead, m6 toll, m42, m40 is much faster than the M1 even on a Monday morning.

http://www.travelodge.co.uk
                Thanks, when I was working in Dartford I had to avoid the M6 going north because all Friday after about 12.00 it is solid north of the M6 Toll/M6 junction. M6 is a no go area on Friday afternoons. I go as far as J18. On Fridays I always used to go north via M1 and west across the A50 to Stoke. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                  No, Worley Parsons actually.
                  I know where this is.

I'd suggest looking for accomodation in Ealing or Chiswick for things to do of an evening.

Or if you want it a bit quitier, try Kew.

All a similar distance from Brentford.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                    I know where this is.

I'd suggest looking for accomodation in Ealing or Chiswick for things to do of an evening.

Or if you want it a bit quitier, try Kew.

All a similar distance from Brentford.
                    Thanks for the advice. I'll know this week whether it's on or not.

Comment

Working...
                    X