• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Installing monitor driver and profile in Vista?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing monitor driver and profile in Vista?

Hi all, I have 2 computers using Iiyama E2001WSV LCD monitors. One runs Win XP the other runs Vista. Today I noticed that both the PC's had the monitor tagged as "generic P&P monitor" so I downloaded the driver and monitor .icc profile from Iiyama. XP protested that the current settings were up to date and OK but I managed to make the driver change manually by the "have disk" method. The .icc profile is also now loaded as the default clour management scheme so I'm a happy bunny. But then Vista also complained that the current settings are up to date and OK. But I don't seem to be able to suss out the equivalent "have disk" route in Vista to do driver up dates like I've been used to ever since Win 95. Am I missing something? Thanks.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Sorted, ta.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
    X