• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Merlin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merlin

I had the misfortune of watching this for 10 minutes last night
    Another cliche ridden saturday night yawn fest seemingly designed to keep the Sun readership away from whatever ITV/SkyOne is showing

Should the BBC really be wasting license payers money on this crap? It really seems like the sort of dross better suited to ITV.
    It's neither cutting edge, socially important, innovatative or anything else I think my license money should be spent on
    Coffee's for closers

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    I had the misfortune of watching this for 10 minutes last night
    Another cliche ridden saturday night yawn fest seemingly designed to keep the Sun readership away from whatever ITV/SkyOne is showing

Should the BBC really be wasting license payers money on this crap? It really seems like the sort of dross better suited to ITV.
    It's neither cutting edge, socially important, innovatative or anything else I think my license money should be spent on
    Can you provide an example of 'socially important' programmes to provide a reference...but other than that totally agree, tulipe of the highest order
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Hear Hear!

Total dross
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

It was alright. Very cliched and not as much in the line of pretty looking women as I'd like but I'll make do and mend.

Comment

It's better than Bonekickers - but then that's not hard.

Personally I'm waiting on the next series of this - http://www.bbc.co.uk/lastmanstanding/ - I know it's not exactly intellectual, but for some reason I really got into the last series.
          Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

I caught about 5 seconds of it whilst flicking channels. Thought it was Robin Hood tbh. Surely the same production team involved, doing this instead of twiddling thumbs. Both seem to be aimed at kids, or those with the mental age of one.

As for the scam that is the television licence, I look forward to the day I can get everything I want via the internet (IPTV etc) and cancel my licence. They can't expect people to pay it for having an internet connection can they, if I ditched all other methods of receiving programmes?

No traditional TV signal receiver (even TV cards in PCs), no need to pay the licence fee isn't it?
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
              I caught about 5 seconds of it whilst flicking channels. Thought it was Robin Hood tbh. Surely the same production team involved, doing this instead of twiddling thumbs. Both seem to be aimed at kids, or those with the mental age of one.

As for the scam that is the television licence, I look forward to the day I can get everything I want via the internet (IPTV etc) and cancel my licence. They can't expect people to pay it for having an internet connection can they, if I ditched all other methods of receiving programmes?

No traditional TV signal receiver (even TV cards in PCs), no need to pay the licence fee isn't it?
              Agreed. This isn't meant to be adult viewing, surely?

Perhaps the real question is why the BBC are scheduling kids programmes in a prime-time slot.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                Agreed. This isn't meant to be adult viewing, surely?

Perhaps the real question is why the BBC are scheduling kids programmes in a prime-time slot.

Maybe the government's attempting to dumb down the nation seeing as the internet is helping people become smarter and make more educated decisions.

Though from what I remember it's always been this way, saturday night telly full of crap that only women seem to enjoy. Maybe it's that other conspiracy, to drive us all out to the pubs and restaurants to generate more tax.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                  Maybe the government's attempting to dumb down the nation seeing as the internet is helping people become smarter and make more educated decisions.

Though from what I remember it's always been this way, saturday night telly full of crap that only women seem to enjoy. Maybe it's that other conspiracy, to drive us all out to the pubs and restaurants to generate more tax.
                  But as we mostly have to drive to said pubs and restaurants, it's a win-win for the govt. as they can then criminalise us and demand our DNA for drink-driving, as we weave our merry way home along the A Roads of Britain.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

My kids loved it

Comment

Working...
                    X