PDA

View Full Version : Contract Cancelled

liveforever
28th September 2008, 14:36
I've been offered a contract in the city which is due to start in the next couple of weeks. The pimp has sent all the contract documentation (not signed) and as a result i've cancelled other job offers and various interviews. I'm now being told that this job may be canned... :sick

Where do i stand in this situation?

Spacecadet
28th September 2008, 14:51
I've been offered a contract in the city which is due to start in the next couple of weeks. The pimp has sent all the contract documentation (not signed) and as a result i've cancelled other job offers and various interviews. I'm now being told that this job may be canned... :sick

no where, you're still sat on the bench

This is a risk of contracting, get your CV back out now and start making some calls tomorrow morning, hopefully you can claw your way back into some of those cancelled interviews.

Good luck!

wizard1974uk
28th September 2008, 15:11
Rule of life never cancel anything until you know for certain, if you had signed the contract things may have been different.

As already pointed out by Spacecadet, time to get back in touch with those people you blew off :)

BolshieBastard
28th September 2008, 15:20

A bird in the hand is always worthwhile remembering.

Why do you think you have any recourse over your canned job offer yet the people you canned off have no recourse over you?

Paddy
28th September 2008, 15:48
Rule of life never cancel anything until you know for certain, if you had signed the contract things may have been different.

As already pointed out by Spacecadet, time to get back in touch with those people you blew off :)

I even keep the options open for the first week of the new contract.

Jubber
28th September 2008, 15:55
I even keep the options open for the first week of the new contract.

Amen

TheGoat
28th September 2008, 16:56
This is EXACTLY what I am concerned about and what I am worrying about ...

So I would like to keep MY options open and NOT cancel those alternative contracts, instead keep them open until its signed on both sides.

Turion
28th September 2008, 17:31

WHS. A pimps word is worth nothing. Even if I verbally accept a role (subject to contract!) I keep looking for new opportunities right up intil I'm firmly at the client site and things look ok. As you've just found out, promises in this game are worthless, and by continuing to search, it is always possible a better offer may come up. Rule number 1 = look after number one.

scooterscot
28th September 2008, 18:24
If it helps I think the market has turned around since last month, August was asleep.

In this month alone I've had 3 interviews and 2 very good offers. The phone is going everyday now.

With Friday's happy result I booked myself in for a Swedish massage in the morning... got to start stress free you know. Contractor preparation & survival - I could write a book.

TheBigYinJames
28th September 2008, 18:36
If it helps I think the market has turned around since last month, August was asleep.

I predicted back in June that September would be The Month, which was why I was having a couple of months off before looking, and it turned out to be.

Start new gig this week, 6 monther for higher rate than before. I made sure at interview that the tea machine was on free vend, my primary pointer on whether I like a contract or not.

HairyArsedBloke
28th September 2008, 19:03
I made sure at interview that the tea machine was on free vend, my primary pointer on whether I like a contract or not.
Tea, Toilets and Totty; if all of them look good then it’ll probably an OK gig. When one or more begin to look a bit dodgy then you’ll know it’s going to be trouble.

Old Greg
28th September 2008, 19:10
Tea, Toilets and Totty; if all of them look good then it’ll probably an OK gig. When one or more begin to look a bit dodgy then you’ll know it’s going to be trouble.

... or that you've just been to the toilet.

At my last gig, they had notices in the toilets saying 'Please leave this cubicle in the state you would wish to find it'. I had a little game with myself - each time I went to the toilet, I had to imagine a worse state which someone might wish to find the cubicle in (and would therefore leave it in, as instructed).

Spacecadet
28th September 2008, 19:36
With Friday's happy result I booked myself in for a Swedish massage in the morning... got to start stress free you know. Contractor preparation & survival - I could write a book.

powder or lotion?

Diver
28th September 2008, 19:42

In this month alone I've had 3 interviews and 2 very good offers. The phone is going everyday now.

I thought you were!

Most of the public toilet walls around here contain parts of the storyline :D

Old Greg
28th September 2008, 19:44
I thought you were!

Most of the public toilet walls around here contain parts of the storyline :D

Diver, exactly how are you familiar with the writings on most of the public toilet walls in your locale? Does Mrs Diver know about this?

Diver
28th September 2008, 19:48
Diver, exactly how are you familiar with the writings on most of the public toilet walls in your locale? Does Mrs Diver know about this?

My real job is Lavatory attendant :wink

I feel right at home here on CUK :laugh

Old Greg
28th September 2008, 19:50
My real job is toilet trader :wink

I feel right at home here on CUK :laugh

;)

Diver
28th September 2008, 19:52
;)

It's a bum rap guvner :eek:

Old Greg
28th September 2008, 19:53
It's a bum rap guvner :eek:

You'll go down for this. Now back to your Glory Hole.

Diver
28th September 2008, 19:55
You'll go down for this. Now back to your Glory Hole.

I wonder if I'm too old to be a gigolo? :D

BrilloPad
28th September 2008, 19:59

My favourite :-

Some come here to sit and think
some come here to s**t and stink
but I come here to scratch my balls
and read the writing on the walls

Old Greg
28th September 2008, 19:59

Perhaps one of those tragic ones. You've got the shakes so can't apply the make up properly, and anyway it wouldn't hide the bruising, cos they don't treat you so well now days. It's a sordid tale.

Old Greg
28th September 2008, 20:01
Anyway, liveforever, sorry about this. I guess you need to put it down to experience as take the advice given - seems sound enough to me.

Spacecadet
28th September 2008, 20:03
Perhaps one of those tragic ones. You've got the shakes so can't apply the make up properly, and anyway it wouldn't hide the bruising, cos they don't treat you so well now days. It's a sordid tale.

sounds like a chargeable extra

Old Greg
28th September 2008, 20:03
sounds like a chargeable extra

Always the businessman.

EqualOpportunities
28th September 2008, 20:04

Not too old, but having seen your photos... :eek

expat
29th September 2008, 09:34

Where do i stand in this situation?I advise you to make hundreds of millions of dodgy mortgage loans. Then you'll be looked after.

DaveB
29th September 2008, 10:38
My favourite :-

Some come here to sit and think
some come here to s**t and stink
but I come here to scratch my balls
and read the writing on the walls

It's no use standing on the seat,
The crabs in here can jump six feet.
But if you think thats feckin' high,
go next door, the bastards fly.

expat