• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Saving accounts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business Saving accounts

What Business Savings accounts do you guys use?

I'm banking with Natwest at present and who like to move some of the business cash into a High interest Business savings account

What do you recommend?

Is it then just a cash of transferring cash between my business current account and a business savings account?

cater allen

cater allen account. their parent company is santander which is pretty safe is current enviornment (at least till now it looks life safe, bu u never know).

Comment

Look at northern rock as well - business reserve account pays circa 5%.

You can credit the account by raising a payment from your currenct account, either cheque or on-line transfer. Withdrawals have to be requested via post but the funds are then electronically transferred to the account you nominated during the application process.

Comment

I have my business accounts at Abbey - Business Bank Account as the business current account and Abbey Business Reserve as savings account.

Both accounts come with free banking which is good if you need an account just to receive funds and then pay straight out as I do. You can also transfer funds between accounts (instantaneously) as well as transfer funds electronically. Self service is not the easiest to use on the website, but hey, its free...

Cheep and cheerful - probably all that is needed for the 'typical' IT contractor.

Hope this is of use

Comment

another vote for abbey

free and fairly painless to use.

``cheques in, and direct payments out..
          simple to move cash to the reserve account and the interest seems good as well
          Twitter: jonsmile

Comment

Originally posted by JonSmile View Post
            another vote for abbey

free and fairly painless to use.

``cheques in, and direct payments out..
            simple to move cash to the reserve account and the interest seems good as well
            cater allen and abbey are part of the same group - santander

Comment

Working...
            X