• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Enemy Within ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Enemy Within ....

In response to the Sep 11th attack the USA launched its War on Terror costing Billions to protect American intrests - now we find the USA is on the brink of collapse - due to the gree of its own citizens -The enemy within.

For example -

...Wall Street's five biggest firms paid more than $3 billion in the last five years to their top executives, while they presided over the packaging and sale of loans that helped bring down the investment-banking system.

Rather than reward these failed CEO's - I would prefer a showtrial as the actions of these CEO's are tantamoun to financial terrorism.

Am I alone in this respect ?

Now theyre planning the Crime of the Century
    Well what will it be?

Read all about their schemes and adventuring
    Its well worth a fee
    So roll up and see

And they rape the universe
    How theyve gone from bad to worse

Who are these men of lust, greed, and glory?
    Rip off the masks and let see.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 29 September 2008, 11:53.

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post

Am I alone in this respect ?
    No, pack em' off to guantanamo.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

They deserve what they get now. The red-neck generation will suffer for there is a price for IGNORANCE !

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
        I

...Wall Street's five biggest firms paid more than $3 billion in the last five years to their top executives, while they presided over the packaging and sale of loans that helped bring down the investment-banking system.

Rather than reward these failed CEO's - I would prefer a showtrial as the actions of these CEO's are tantamoun to financial terrorism.

Hanging's too good for them. We need to make up new crimes to punish them.
        Bored.

Comment

But these CEO's have done nothing more than satisfy stakeholders demands for increased returns.

The fact that they may have been able to foresee the problems is neither here nor there - saying that they maybe need to be a bit cicrumspect and not oversell to people who cannot pay back would have been commiting boardroom suicide.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            But these CEO's have done nothing more than satisfy stakeholders demands for increased returns.
            They can't just plead ignorance as they knew full well it was a risky strategy, why can't they just accept that perpetual growth is not realistic and take a hit every now and then?
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

The fact that they may have been able to foresee the problems is neither here nor there - saying that they maybe need to be a bit cicrumspect and not oversell to people who cannot pay back would have been commiting boardroom suicide.
              or resigning on a matter of principle. Remember when that used to happen?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Well they say decisions made by share-holders are short term ones. Or at least I think they do, I might have made it up.

Comment

They can't just plead ignorance as they knew full well it was a risky strategy, why can't they just accept that perpetual growth is not realistic and take a hit every now and then?
                  Well they say decisions made by share-holders are short term ones. Or at least I think they do, I might have made it up.
                  because the shareholders are only interested in dividend returns and not long term company stability - problem is CEO's have to satisfy shareholder demand.

in the past there was some honor and CEO's would walk away rather than drive the company into the ground - this is no longer the case as they still get fat pay offs whatever happens.

Comment

because the shareholders are only interested in dividend returns and not long term company stability - problem is CEO's have to satisfy shareholder demand.

in the past there was some honor and CEO's would walk away rather than drive the company into the ground - this is no longer the case as they still get fat pay offs whatever happens.

Interesting commnets.

Personally the more critical issue is grasping the extent to which the Credit Crunch as a criminal and parasitic enterprise , in some ways expresses the social essence of the Bush administration and the American ruling elite as a whole.

It seems that the crisis of world capitalism is behind the lurch to the right by the US political establishment, the virtual collapse of liberalism and the criminality of the present regime, from Enron to Iraq and now this mess.
                    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 29 September 2008, 14:55.

Comment

Working...
                    X