• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The next crisis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The next crisis

Credit card companies.

They depend on people paying their card bills, but not paying them off. If too many people pay them off or don't take on new debt, their income drops. If too many people default, they lose.

Both will happen a lot more soon. All those people putting it on the plastic and covering it from Home Equity are on the point of dramatically changing their ways. Everybody else is rightly scared by the credit crunch into not taking on so much debt. Those who don't buy a new house because they are waiting for a price drop, are also waiting before dropping 5k at IKEA on the plastic. And finally, those marginal customers that even the credit card companies will now reject, will perforce not profit those companies any more.

Indeed. Although given their usurious interest rates, I would suspect profits would fall rather than they would go bust.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

And they're restricted to charging £12 for penalty charges now.
      "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Everybody else is rightly scared by the credit crunch into not taking on so much debt
        In my wife beauty salon credit card payments for treatments are up 60% since february.....perhaps there is a lack of available cash that is still fuelling borrowing

Comment

There was an advert on facebook recently for a card with 39.9% apr

Jeez you'd need to be desperate to go for that. Wonder if they use their profits to buy baseball bats
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
            Jeez you'd need to be desperate to go for that. Wonder if they use their profits to buy baseball bats
            Things have moved on from baseball bats !

A mate who runs a firm that supplies builders was telling me one of the services offered by his 'security' man he employs occasionally was to have the debtor 'bummed' if they don't pay up.

Comment

You know how those facebook ads work don't you?

They use your facebook login info to credit check you, then find the best deal going which you can apply for.. these are the adverts you see
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                Things have moved on from baseball bats !

A mate who runs a firm that supplies builders was telling me one of the services offered by his 'security' man he employs occasionally was to have the debtor 'bummed' if they don't pay up.
                An interesting and insane policy, yet likely to win favour with the Plain English Campaign.

Comment

My first car was on 25%!!! Well, I was 17 and no credit history... bastards!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    You know how those facebook ads work don't you?

They use your facebook login info to credit check you, then find the best deal going which you can apply for.. these are the adverts you see
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X