• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That word.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That word.....

As a girlie (with boobies, in case ya didn't know) I can't say its a word which bothers me. I find it more playground humor than anything else

Ferret, I know it winds you up but I'd like to see who thinks it is offensive.

Oh..... Paula, Nina, Lola etc.... your votes don't count

Hilarious - the n word is now iamaprats
    Offensive
    4.00%
    Inoffensive
    80.00%
    AndyW has the biggest ones of all
    16.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by cailin maith; 29 September 2008, 20:53.
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

which word? n0rks??

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
      which word? n0rks??
      yeah

see even though we are not allowed to lbe amused by it - I can't help it!!
      Bazza gets caught

Comment

oh boobies

well like any other word, its the context and aim of the word, if its used to put women down and patronise any opinions then I am not for it, if its used in its proper context (e.g. discussion about breastfeeding or any other anatomical discussion / bra measurement discussion ) then its fine.

Comment

I'd never heard of it before a few months ago on this site. Is it like some kid saying like WHS? like?
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            yeah

see even though we are not allowed to lbe amused by it - I can't help it!!
            It's a funny word.
            That boy go raaaaaaa
            Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

I thought it was the real 'n' word all the fuss was about.
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                As a girlie (with boobies, in case ya didn't know)...
                Pictorial proof required.
                Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
                  oh boobies

well like any other word, its the context and aim of the word, if its used to put women down and patronise any opinions then I am not for it, if its used in its proper context (e.g. discussion about breastfeeding or any other anatomical discussion / bra measurement discussion ) then its fine.
                  Oh Sandy - c'mon it's funny - these lot are such big kids... the thoughts of imagining the odd pair, let alone actually seeing a pair makes turns them into dribbling idiots. Its endearing in a teenage boy kinda way!!
                  Bazza gets caught

Comment

To explain...

It was initially asked not to be used as any user presumed to be female was asked to get her "N****" out. To try and appear that the board was not inhabited by complete imbeciles it was asked that people did not use the word.

Those that were temporarily banned (only permanent bans today have been alter-egos) today knew the score and decided to push things.

Whether it is offensive to people who post on the board is not the matter, simply that we have asked for the word not to be used. Simply do not want the board to drift into the likes of cc.net etc.

The bans were made with good-humour and I do hope that people have taken them in the spirit with which they were handed out.

So far the only bans of any note have been DP and Churchill. Churchill on a 24 hour ban and DP now on 4 days, originally 2 days but with 2 days added for using multiple IDs to try and prove a point.

With the current financial turmoil I am considering letting DP back on tomorrow as we all need doom in our lives but the fact that he acted like such a child makes me want to ban him for longer.

I have asked the admin to put a word swap in for you-know-what's so hopefully that will be an end of the matter.
                    my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Working...
                    X