• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for Expat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for Expat

What is it with you today?

Are you in any way associated with that horrid Derek Draper that Guido warned us about the other week?
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    What is it with you today?

Are you in any way associated with that horrid Derek Draper that Guido warned us about the other week?
    Freedom to say only what is inoffensive is not worth having.

I do hope that if you look at all the posts that I have made, none is insulting, some are not at all contentious (can't remember which at the mo'), and all are designed to provoke debate rather than stifle it.

And I am not associated with anyone!

Comment

I must admit I was thinking this yesterday when he unsuccessfully tried to rebut my assertion that Brown could be going to the IMF for a bail-out, just as Denis Healey did in 1976.

New Lie really are getting desperate. I await their reply to my other thread today on the stealth tax on Northern Rock shareholders!!

Comment

Not sure if he's a member of the Rapid Rebuttal Unit but he's certainly coming across as a bit of a chippy lefty.

Burn him, I say, and have done with it!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
          Not sure if he's a member of the Rapid Rebuttal Unit but he's certainly coming across as a bit of a chippy lefty.

Maybe it's because he's in Effing Scotland (see location)
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
            Yeah, just to be on the safe side. If it's good enough in the 'fight against terror' that nuLieBore are so keen on then it's good enough for him. If he has nothing to hide then he can't complain.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
              Somebody paying effen attention!

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                Ah. In that case he is forgiven. Who would not be bitter and twisted if they had to live in Effing Scotland?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                  I must admit I was thinking this yesterday when he unsuccessfully tried to rebut my assertion that Brown could be going to the IMF for a bail-out, just as Denis Healey did in 1976.
                  Was it '76?
                  That's just great - Labour 2 terms in office, 2 national defaults, I mean that's not easy to do you know, takes some hard work
                  Who votes for these utter morons?
                  Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post

New Lie really are getting desperate. I await their reply to my other thread today on the stealth tax on Northern Rock shareholders!!
                    I did not rebut that suggestion, I successfully rebutted the suggestion that the reason that Healey went to the IMF was budget deficits. It wasn't, the reason was exchange rate support problems. Do you understand the difference?

Since I am not a NL-ite, I have no desire to riposte on NR nationalisation. As it happens, I think it is wrong for Govt to enforce a sale at a given low price, when some shareholders might be prepared to hold on for any value that might still be there (in fact I seem to remember posting just such recently). More wrong when the Govt has partly caused the low share price by their own previous announcements (they've shorted it, in a way), and doubly so when they will then use their special powers to profit out of it later.

I don't rebut political positions, Cyberman, I rebut rubbish.

Comment

Working...
                    X