• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Now this is wheelie funny ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now this is wheelie funny ...

Respec' ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/h...re/7643925.stm

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    A motorcyclist caught on a speed camera pulling an 82mph wheelie in a 30mph zone has been banned from driving.
    I must have been working too hard today - Skimming the article, I pictured him towing a wheelie bin at 82mph.

Only when looking at the picture and not seeing any obvious large bin behind him did the penny drop.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      I must have been working too hard today - Skimming the article, I pictured him towing a wheelie bin at 82mph.

Only when looking at the picture and not seeing any obvious large bin behind him did the penny drop.
      There are a couple of phrases used for people like this. Twunt is one, Organ Donor is another.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Steven Skilton, 22, of Bitterne, Southampton, was captured seven times exceeding 30mph in Maybray King Way and Northam Bridge in the city.

On three of those occasions he reached speeds of more than 80mph.

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
        Respec' ...
        Contempt

Shame he didn't kill himself and save the court some time.

Comment

Sounds like a case of driving while under the influence of testosterone. A combination of youth, testosterone, a sense of indestructibility and a powerful machine many (almost half) of us succumb to in youth. My wheelies were small and I was careful around people. I think.

Comment

Skilton, of Ellis Road, pleaded guilty to six speeding offences after being identified by recognition experts.
            Can I be a "recognition expert"? It sounds dead easy. "You want to know who did those wheelies on that massive pea-green bike? You see that man over there doing a wheelie on a massive pea-green bike? That's him."

Comment

Driving licenses should be issued to under 21s only under strict condition that they visit local morgue to see young victims who died from dangerous driving.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Sounds like a case of driving while under the influence of testosterone. A combination of youth, testosterone, a sense of indestructibility and a powerful machine many (almost half) of us succumb to in youth. My wheelies were small and I was careful around people. I think.
                Years ago, a mate of mine spent the morning working on his bike at the side of his house, as a few of us sat around drinking coffee and chatting.

Having decided that his work was finished, he fired it up, said "Right, watch this!" and blasted off down the drive doing a wheely.

At this point the front wheel dropped off and went bouncing down the drive. He was so startled that he fell off the back of the bike, which continued down the drive on its rear wheel before crashing into his neighbour's car, parked on the road outside.

He had to explain all that to his insurance company

Comment

interesting this has been posted......

a guy in my work is constantly bragging about doing quite frankly ridiculous speeds on his motorbike

he is a total fanny and i am seriously considering an anonymous call to the law to report him - not sure what they could do right enough, maybe give him a warning?

any thoughts on this?

report him?
                  mind my own business?

Comment

Disconnect his brakes?
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                    X