• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Too many agents on this site

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too many agents on this site

There are now two regular agents on this site, and I am not sure that I am happy about this. we do share one thing in common which is a hatred of other agents. I also worry that my colleague "another dodgy agent" has become tired of "agenting" and wishes to retire to this site and write garbage like everyone else. This is a prelude to a crash in his/her performance.

So let us put it to the vote
    Yep two's fine as long as it doesnt get out of hand
    17.31%
    Only room for one Dodgyagent
    25.00%
    Two is two too many
    5.77%
    Bring on as many agents as you can
    5.77%
    Shoot the lot of them
    34.62%
    Churchill is AndyW's agent
    11.54%

The poll is expired.

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

poll?

or pole depending on what you have available.

Comment

hmm! difficult
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Never have anything to do with the shysters myself. Always work direct to client.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
          Never have anything to do with the shysters myself. Always work direct to client.
          It shouldnt stop you loving us
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Should that not be Churchill is Andyw's doggy agent?
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              It shouldnt stop you loving us
              Ah well, true.

You old lovable rouge you.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                There are now two regular agents on this site, and I am not sure that I am happy about this. we do share one thing in common which is a hatred of other agents. I also worry that my colleague "another dodgy agent" has become tired of "agenting" and wishes to retire to this site and write garbage like everyone else. This is a prelude to a crash in his/her performance.

So let us put it to the vote
                Dodgy, you have earned your place here: taken the hostility alone, offered insights, given sensible advice (AFAIK), but never modified your tone to ingratiate yourself. If another dodgy agent is not driven out of here with scorn, it is because you have created and defined a place for an agent here.

God, I'm not drinking this again, it's blunting my edge

Comment

The time of the agent is over - get out there and get a real job.

Those last 48 hours I've been contacted 7 times by agents regarding a job outside Londonnog for a client whom I already work directly with on an ad-hoc basis.

Each and every time ( 7 times no less) telling those agents of my situation was a little moment of heaven.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

All agents on the pyre

Comment

Working...
                    X