• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job market

What's the job market like at present? I have been in a contract for the last 3 years and have been receiving several agency calls a month for this time, however it's all gone dead recently.
    Whats going on? Have India taken all the jobs? Is it just a bad time of year or is the ecconomy still in a troubled state.
    Getting a bit worried, looks like im getting released within the next six months!!!!

Summer

Comment

This time last year, the market was booming big time.

So just hang on for a couple of days.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Domino jobs

I have just looked on jobserve and not one Domino/Notes job advertised in the last week.

Comment

OMG you mean people still use those systems?!?!?

Comment

I've been looking for two weeks and have had a couple of agencies call and have been put forward for a couple of roles, but nothing concrete as yet.
            I have resigned myself to earning less than I did before,however.
            We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Notes 7 has just been released!!!!

Originally posted by Not So Wise
              OMG you mean people still use those systems?!?!?
              As far as I'm concerned Notes beats Microsoft hands down, it is so dynamic. Great to see that they have just released version 7

Still very popular with major companies

Comment

Originally posted by notescontractor
                As far as I'm concerned Notes beats Microsoft hands down, it is so dynamic. Great to see that they have just released version 7

Still very popular with major companies
                Well having worked with Notes since back in 1995 and worked with IBM and Lotus themselves , I can tell you that the Notes market now sucks in terms of rates and opportunites , and in fact has been in the doldrums since 2000.

Current assignment entails the migration of notes to Exchange Outlook, you might not like it , and even though Notes is a superior product , check the ways the wind blows ...

Comment

Ive had 2 interivews in the last week and have my cv out at 5 other prospective clients so I guess its not that bad at the moment.

Mailman

Comment

But the new version of exchange will surely be a copy of notes after microsoft employed the guy who put most of the code into notes..

Comment

Working...
                    X