• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cater Allen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cater Allen

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

******* useless *****!!!
    The pope is a tard.

Erm...detail?
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
      Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

******* useless *****!!!
      I got a similar impression when they took three weeks to open my business account. I ended up opening one with HSBC instead and they've been nothing but helpful.
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Personally wouldn't bank with anyone else. I have found them nothing short of superb.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
          Erm...detail?
          It's just that everything is so much hassle with them!!

I write to them to tell them of my change of name, with a copy of my marriage certificate etc, and after about a month they respond saying they need my original certificate. A copy is no good "for fraud perposes".
          So I'm like, well can I take it into a branch of Abbey (their owners) to verify? No, that's no good. I must send the original in the trust worthy royal mail, or no change of name.
          I'm not willing to do that - the last time my husband used the recorded delivery service they lost his passport!

They've been utter winkers in general lately though, which is making this seem far worse - anything bought on the internet seems to spark a full scale investigation. My card has been locking down if used more than 3 times in a 24 hour period....just general

FRAUD PREVENTION IS FINE UNTIL IT STOPS YOU USING YOUR ACCOUNT YOU ******* *******!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

<breathe>

<breathe>
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            Personally wouldn't bank with anyone else. I have found them nothing short of superb.
            WHS++. SallyAnne I doubt you'll find many people on here who will share your view, maybe you've just been unlucky this time - in fact most organisations can't cope with a marriage name change at the best of times. Persevere with them.

Comment

Sounds rather frustrating, Sal.

I've had my business banking with them for years and have never any issues. I find their customer service to be top notch as a rule.
              Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

SA, this is not unusual request, same goes for birth or death certificates, only original are accepted in any kind of official procedures, try to issue a few copies of your marriage certificate - not sure how much they cost, but don't think its a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
                  WHS++. SallyAnne I doubt you'll find many people on here who will share your view, maybe you've just been unlucky this time - in fact most organisations can't cope with a marriage name change at the best of times. Persevere with them.
                  I'm not looking for anyone to share my view - I'm just looking to vent.

I've been with them for 6 years, and in general I do tend to recommend them to people.

I'm "so happy" with them compared to other banks that I've moved my personal bank there too.
                  Personal service is superb.
                  Internet banking now is class (instant transfers etc)

But just because they're better than the other banks I compare them too doesn't mean that they aren't worthy of a good ticking off once in a while. If they dont have branches, then they need to get more flexible or more futuristic.
                  And if they're going to promote their personal bank accounts, then they need to allow people to use their ******* cards more than a couple of times a day!

I'm just really really frustrated with them - I've put all my eggs in one basket as it were, cause I thought the basket was good...but now someone has done a bit of a poo on the basket and there's not enough air in here

<remembers why I dont normally do methaphors>
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
                    SA, this is not unusual request, same goes for birth or death certificates, only original are accepted in any kind of official procedures, try to issue a few copies of your marriage certificate - not sure how much they cost, but don't think its a lot.
                    Sandy - when you say "issuing copies"...Cater Allen said they wouldn't accept copies. Did they actually mean they just wouldn't accept MY copy? But they would accept copies from the registrars? Original copies, as it were?

WTF didn't they just say that then? ffs
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                    X