• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yet another reason why paypal sucks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another reason why paypal sucks

Something Awful/Paypal fiasco

And a little extra something....damn wish i had hosts like this

There is as much wrong with Paypal as there is with Windows -- it may not be perfect, but due to dominant position you have to use it (as target platform).

Comment

For a couple of years, The Economist (amongst others) has been pushing for PayPal to be required to register as a bank in the UK and become subject to the same controls and regulations as a bank. As one of their leader writers said, "if it looks like a bank and behaves like a bank, it's a bank".

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
        For a couple of years, The Economist (amongst others) has been pushing for PayPal to be required to register as a bank in the UK and become subject to the same controls and regulations as a bank. As one of their leader writers said, "if it looks like a bank and behaves like a bank, it's a bank".
        Paypal is authorised and regulated in the UK by the FSA as an "electronic money institution". Rather less than a bank but a start.

Comment

I sold a Cornet on ebay then used Paypal for payment.

It took Paypal nearly three weeks to clear the purchasers funds.
          Do you think people who pack the confectionary into boxes at fudge making factories tell people what they do for a living?

Comment

On the other hand...

If you are setting up a web-site and want to take payments, including credit card payments, including realtime payments, you can get everything you need (information, help, sample code) for Paypal and be up and running within a few hours/days. For free. For developers it is the easy option.

Comment

Originally posted by sparklelard
              I sold a Cornet on ebay then used Paypal for payment.

It took Paypal nearly three weeks to clear the purchasers funds.

Shurely the ice-cream would have melted by then.

I'll get me coat.

Comment

Paypal is awful and expensive but for a small website operation it is still the best method of taking credit card payments. This doesn't say much for the other options available

Comment

Working...
                X