• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We shall fight them on the beaches....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We shall fight them on the beaches....

Cherie's comparing Tony to Winston... bless her & I'm sure this panel will agree

krap

The wife of former prime minister Tony Blair has compared her husband to British WWII leader Winston Churchill.

Cherie Blair told Vanity Fair magazine that her partner would be judged "very well" by history and be "up there with Churchill".

But she was less complimentary about her own image as a "First Lady", saying: "Just look at the press cuttings, you couldn't say that it was a triumph, could you?"
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

She may be right. Old Teflon Tone has presided over one of the most prosperous periods of recent history.
    Just because he did nothing to maintain or improve that prosperity will not be remembered, nor will he be blamed for the present and continuing downturn as he is no longer in charge.
    He inherited a solid economy and came to power in an unprecedented period of global growth and stability. A monkey could have been a success. Nobody noticed what he was doing (or rather not doing) was going to leave the economy and the country up tulip creek.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Don't remember Winston tippy-toeing away when things went a bit awry, leaving a big sorry mess for his second in command to inherit. The stupid, self-centred, scummy power-hungry, right-wing cow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
        The stupid, self-centred, scummy power-hungry, right-wing cow.
        And on top of that she is a right minger!

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          And on top of that she is a right minger!
          And her kids are crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            Cherie's comparing Tony to Winston... bless her & I'm sure this panel will agree

krap
            That is the most blatant lie Ive read for quite some time - there is no comparison between Tony Blair and Churchill - what utter garbage.
            Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 1 October 2008, 11:56.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
              That is the most blatant lie Ive read for quite some time - ther eis noe comparison between Tony Blair and Churchill - what utter garbage.
              yes there is - it's just it's 'not as good as'
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
                That is the most blatant lie Ive read for quite some time - ther eis noe comparison between Tony Blair and Churchill - what utter garbage.
                Rubbish. There is a perfectly valid comparison between the grin on a stick and Winnie.

It's just not a very flattering one.

Comment

I fear that some on this board may fall into the error of thinking that admiration for Churchill is unanimous on this board.

Comment

Did Winston lie and act as much as Tony then ? This is the biggest insult to Winston Churchill that could ever be possible.

Comment

Working...
                    X