• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best Convertible

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Convertible

I am in the market for a convertible in the new year for the missus and I quite fancy the Audi TT. I want something sporty to drive (not a Saab), reasonably practical and not expensive (like a Porsche or an Aston)
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I am in the market for a convertible in the new year for the missus and I quite fancy the Audi TT. I want something sporty to drive (not a Saab), reasonably practical and not expensive (like a Porsche or an Aston)
    XKR ??

Comment

If you can deal with the hairdresser quips from people who've never driven one, driving an MX5 is pretty much the most fun you can have with your clothes on. Rear wheel drive, awesome handling, they're an absolute hoot.
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
        If you can deal with the hairdresser quips from people who've never driven one, driving an MX5 is pretty much the most fun you can have with your clothes on. Rear wheel drive, awesome handling, they're an absolute hoot.
        You might have to cope with these if you get a TT as well...
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

TTs are safe and trustworthy drive, what with the 4WD and all that.

The only time I've ever managed to get mine to go sideways was in a gravel car park with the traction control switched off. Admittedly, I don't try to make it go sideways any other time.

If you do go for one, don't bother with the 3.2, its only got another 20(ish) horsepower on top of the 225 version.

It's very comfortable on motorways and enjoyable around country lanes, but if you want something properly sporty for less money than an Aston, get an Elise which are LOTS of fun and similar money to the TT secondhand.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

As I have said before. Toyota MR2. Pound for pound the best sports convertable on the market. Slightly higher price range no doubt the Honda 2000.

MX5 is a bag of doo doo compared to either of the above.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Wait until next year and they will be giving away sports cars with every new house purchase.

Oh wait they already do...

Comment

sounds good but what does she want?

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                  As I have said before. Toyota MR2. Pound for pound the best sports convertable on the market. Slightly higher price range no doubt the Honda 2000.

MX5 is a bag of doo doo compared to either of the above.
                  I am replacing a HondaS2000 but I want something different. I quite like the XK also
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
                    sounds good but what does she want?
                    I cant give her what she wants so I am buying her a sports car instead

Comment

Working...
                    X