PDA

View Full Version : Cameron

PM-Junkie
1st October 2008, 15:29
...wants to reduce corporation tax by 3p, paid for by "removing all the costly schemes and procedures".

I wonder...the death of IR35 perhaps? :smokin :yay: :yay: :yay:

Cyberman
1st October 2008, 15:51
The death of New Lie, for sure !!! :laugh

d000hg
1st October 2008, 16:19
Yeah, and it won't be a case of "due to the previous government's mistakes, we need to carefully review the current systems in place before making any changes."

David Cameron
1st October 2008, 16:22
:wave:

We conservatives are a caring intuitive party, that is truely in touch with the people and you can trust us to steer this troubled economic ship to calmer waters.

Ruprect
1st October 2008, 16:36
Excellent email made it past the censors on the BBC website:

"A superb speech and a light at the end of the Brown tunnel"

:rollin:

oracleslave
1st October 2008, 20:47
Excellent email made it past the censors on the BBC website:

"A superb speech and a light at the end of the Brown tunnel"

:rollin:

:laugh:rollin:

scooterscot
1st October 2008, 21:16
I did not care much for the money side of the speech. However my ears did pick up when he talked about bureaucracy the exists within our basic rights which the current government has now eroded away to the point I can be banged up in jail for 45 days without charge.

The political correctness that exists in schools, if what he said is true, it's awful.

But most of all what I wanted to hear was not spoken. I want a promise from any new government that they will not start a war in which the people of of our country so clearly did not want.

daviejones
2nd October 2008, 07:25
that they will not start a war in which the people of of our country so clearly did not want.

Not sure how you can speak for the whole country though!

d000hg
2nd October 2008, 09:36
But most of all what I wanted to hear was not spoken. I want a promise from any new government that they will not start a war in which the people of of our country so clearly did not want.I don't think it's the government's job to do what people want, it's their job to do what they think is best for the country. It's our job to vote for who we think will make the best choices.

scooterscot
2nd October 2008, 09:40
I don't think it's the government's job to do what people want, it's their job to do what they think is best for the country.

Does this include merrrder of civilians on the London underground :eek:

scooterscot
2nd October 2008, 09:42
It's our job to vote for who we think will make the best choices.

I think that must be why I don't vote. I don't believe any of them can make good choices. Well that's the whole democracy debate monster thing I'm just not wanting to get in to.

Churchill
2nd October 2008, 09:44
I think that must be why I don't vote. I don't believe any of them can make good choices. Well that's the whole democracy debate monster thing I'm just not wanting to get in to.

You have a right to vote. Why do you abuse that right by not voting?

d000hg
2nd October 2008, 09:45
Does this include merrrder of civilians on the London underground :eek:That's just a cock-up. I'm not defending Labour (I'm equally cynical about both parties), I just think that's how it's supposed to work.
But in this X-factor generation, the public think they should be able to vote out MPs/governments just because they don't like something. We'd have a new PM every 4 weeks if it went on what the public want.

TheBigYinJames
2nd October 2008, 09:47

This one gets on my nips. The right to vote INCLUDES the right to abstain, and long may it continue.

Churchill
2nd October 2008, 09:48
This one gets on my nips. The right to vote INCLUDES the right to abstain, and long may it continue.

That's why we end up in a pickle.

Eligible voters should be forced to vote!

(Your opinion may differ.)

AlfredJPruffock
2nd October 2008, 09:49
Not sure how you can speak for the whole country though!

I would venture it is not so much Governments that wage war but commercial lobbying groups which effectively steer and manipualte Government down that path - thats why Blair could safely ignore the 90 per cent of the UK population whom were against the War and still win the next election.

d000hg
2nd October 2008, 09:50
I would venture it is not so much Governments that wage war but commercial lobbying groups which effectively steer and manipualte Government down that path - thats why Blair could safely ignore the 90 per cent of the UK population whom were against the War and still win the next election.Quick, they might be reading your brain-waves, get your tin-foil hat.

moorfield
2nd October 2008, 09:51
I wonder...the death of IR35 perhaps? :smokin :yay: :yay: :yay:

At best IR35 will be left quietly on the back burner. No government will ever repeal revenue raising powers, however badly implemented they are. Pitt the Younger in 1798 said that income tax would only be a temporary measure!

The Lone Gunman
2nd October 2008, 09:51
This one gets on my nips. The right to vote INCLUDES the right to abstain, and long may it continue.I agree with that, as long as it is a considered decision.
What gets on my tits is the people who just can not be arsed. Gaining the right to vote has been (and still is for some) a long hard road. A struggle that should not be thrown away lightly.

TheBigYinJames
2nd October 2008, 09:52

Which it does. if you force people to vote, we end up with spoiled ballot papers, stupid novelty parties splitting the proper vote, and a police state where ordinary people are forced to take part in a political process which is recorded and can be used against them.

I prefer the few freedoms we have left.

scooterscot
2nd October 2008, 09:53

In one word: Trust

Not voting is a conscience decision, not laziness, so perhaps I am voting in a way.

I'll vote on local issues that effect the community I live in, that's important to me. The scales of economy are so diverse throughout our country I don't see how one rule can apply to all.

moorfield
2nd October 2008, 09:55
What gets on my tits is the people who just can not be arsed.

... and then start whinging about the state of the NHS, schools etc. etc. WHS.

Pondlife
2nd October 2008, 09:55

You get fined for not voting in Mrs PL's country of origin.

What gets on my tits is the people who just can not be arsed.

Maybe they should introduce an X-factor style phone in.

scooterscot
2nd October 2008, 09:59
But in this X-factor generation,

I like that.

But in this X-factor generation, the public think they should be able to vote out MPs/governments just because they don't like something. We'd have a new PM every 4 weeks if it went on what the public want.

No I don't. I don't mind the PM continuing with a term as it is, none whatsoever. To have hundreds of thousands of people march on the streets and not have one bit of influence on the PM's decisions scares me. The French do not have this problem...

scooterscot
2nd October 2008, 10:01

You'd like China...

Churchill
2nd October 2008, 10:03
You'd like China...

Look it's an opinion.

Quit with the personal jibes.

daviejones
2nd October 2008, 10:07
I would venture it is not so much Governments that wage war but commercial lobbying groups which effectively steer and manipualte Government down that path - thats why Blair could safely ignore the 90 per cent of the UK population whom were against the War and still win the next election.

90%? Where did we get this nugget from?

scooterscot
2nd October 2008, 10:09
Bottom line for me. We all know the difference from what is right and what is wrong. Every individual knows this. This notion becomes a lost cause when people develop large organised groups.

Trying to create equilibrium of wealth is a joke. You press the reset button and you'll always have rich and poor. That's not important. What is important is to realise you don't need wealth to live.

oracleslave
2nd October 2008, 11:00

whs

Sorry BM.

Cyberman
2nd October 2008, 11:33
At best IR35 will be left quietly on the back burner. No government will ever repeal revenue raising powers, however badly implemented they are. Pitt the Younger in 1798 said that income tax would only be a temporary measure!

I don't think this raises much extra tax, but it must cost a lot of civil servants, lawyers etc to implement. I'd abolish IR35 and sack thousands of IR non-job staff. :D

tay
2nd October 2008, 13:36
You'd like China...

And Australia.